Technical Manager – Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (Network) - Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ)
Individual will lead key components of the Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) operational program. Primary responsibilities include:
- Identifying critical aspects of VZW Network operations (i.e., business functions, technology systems, primary facilities, and vendors)
- Conducting risk assessments of existing system designs, infrastructure, and supporting vendors.
- Identifying preventative measures to minimize the likelihood of a disruption to operations, and coordinate implementation of these measures with the appropriate departments.
- Developing and enhancing BC/DR plans with an emphasis on technical systems that are most critical to VZW Network operations.
- Coordinating exercises of BC/DR plans and teams, to ensure recovery capabilities are actionable and effective.
- Delivering technical training, briefings and exercises for technical and executive-level teams, and facilitating completion of action items.
- Providing leadership support during actual incident responses, to include onsite support, as appropriate.
- Supporting BC/DR outreach activities, by providing technical BC/DR subject matter expertise to sales teams for customer meetings, industry and conference presentations, and responding to customer inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel and be on-call if necessary.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding with five or more years of experience designing, analyzing and implementing technologies to increase the reliability, availability and performance of 4G LTE systems.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding and application of current techniques and technologies to enhance the reliability of large interconnected and cloud based computer platforms, especially as it pertains to redundant, geographically diverse, and high availability systems.
- In-depth working knowledge in wireless and networking technologies and protocols including SIP, RTP, SCP, CDMA, LTE, IMS, Mobile IP, routing (BGP,OSPF), MPLS, IP addressing (v4 & v6).
- In-depth working knowledge of Voice over LTE/4G network design, associated call flows and all fundamental building blocks required to make VoLTE service robust.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- Technical certifications in relevant systems and fields.
- Experience in network planning, enterprise network architecture, capacity planning, Network evolution, strategic planning, or deployment.
- Experience in cloud-computing/virtualization technologies.
- Experience in large-scale onsite and offsite data backup technologies and processes.
- Broad understanding of various technologies including client-server, mainframe, landline and wireless telecommunications systems.
- The proven ability to learn new technologies quickly. Demonstrated ability to perform independent system analysis, design and plan implementation. Pay attention to details and quality objectives.
- Highly seasoned professional with sound management judgment and strong verbal and written communication skills, and diplomacy in handling sensitive information.
- Strong facilitation and client-service skills. Proven ability to interact and influence outcomes at all levels of the Company, including local business units and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced environment, with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external resources. Management of multiple location and departmental issues through partnering and solid business relationships.
- Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct the efforts of emergency response, disaster recovery, and business continuity programs. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in an ever-changing environment.
- Strong analytical and independent thought process to assess abstract circumstances and manage ambiguity with limited guidance.
- Effective team player that can resolve conflict and offer win-win solutions to complex business challenges.
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
- Working knowledge of the wireless industry and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the company’s key operational processes and resources.
- Experience with system testing processes, to identify and close gaps in technical design for hardware and software, including Disaster Recovery testing.
- Previous experience assessing and enhancing operational processes in support of reliable systems, including development and tracking of performance metrics.
- Previous background as an emergency responder or Incident Coordinator.
- Strong industry and organizational networks, including an understanding of applicable standards and laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 97058730 newyork