What you’ll be doing...
This position will be responsible for end-to end project management of broadband features and hardware (i.e. fios products) for the Verizon Wireline Consumer Products Organization. This manager will be responsible for product roadmaps by taking the lead on deliverables and timing of all aspects of the project.
This position will facilitate between the Product Teams and the Consumer and Mass Business (CMB) Unit to deploy new products to the market. The Manager will communicate and get signoff of functional and technical product specifications/requirements and lock down product release schedules between the product teams and business unit. This position will also project manage the initial stages of the all new wireline consumer product launches.
The team will incorporate new and existing data analytics into the new product requirements to create metrics to track new product performance. This team member will also be responsible product lifecycle management including existing product rationalization/justification. The role will assist in implementing new processes and optimizing existing processes and tools.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- An MBA or MS in Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Eight or more years of total experience in Technical/Business Product Management (Product Strategy, Lifecycle Management, Product Rationalization, Business Case Management, Documentation Development, and Project Management)
- Technology background with experience in developing business models for new technology products
- Financial analysis skills with experience in evaluating new platforms & technologies and ability to develop/analyze business cases, product profitability models, and budgets
- Background managing product specifications/requirements and defining and implementing product strategy/roadmaps
- Strong leadership skill and excellent written and verbal communications skills to clearly and regularly communicate status, issues and risks to executive stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in product lifecycle management including formal stage gate process
- Product Marketing and deployment experience
- Ability to quickly resolve complex problems and identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action plans to keep program schedules on track
- Knowledge of video, wireless, and/or broadband platforms, consumer electronics devices, and application development
- Supervision/Management Experience
- Telecommunication and media business experience
- Understanding of Software Development methodologies and Product Development
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6788062-project-manager-broadband-and-hardware
• Post ID: 102647093 newyork