The Device Performance Verification &Tools Development Team is chartered with supporting various development/testing activities related to Device and Application performance using automation tools/manual testing methodologies. As part of its work, device performance team analyzes the performance of various devices against device features and applications to ensure optimal device performance, efficient use of network resources and improved customer experience. Results from the analysis are used to implement performance improvements via device, application, platform or feature requirements updates that will be fed back to device /application requirements/marketing teams, OEM’s prior to launch of devices.
Team is also responsible for developing performance and productivity tools that leads way in terms of automated testing, improve productivity, streamlined processes and bring in efficiency in day to day operations. Drives faster testing cycles, less manual intervention and go to market faster.
This position is responsible for managing a team of developers/testers and has familiarity with various testing/certification programs in Device Technology organization and has hands on experience in managing E2E development programs/product launches (1) A Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience a must (2) Strong technical/programming skills a must (3) Ability to manage larger team (4) Strong understanding of wireless devices (smartphones, Tablets, Dongles, etc.) (5) Experience in managing end to end testing programs (6) Experience in device/application performance (7) Hands on experience in troubleshooting various technical issues/ability to create and execute test plans in timely fashion using automation tools (8) Hands on experience/Strong knowledge in programming languages like C++, Dot Net, HTML5, Java –Required for tools development (9) Ability to troubleshoot /collect device logs using various tools like (qxdm, adb logs, eclipse, etc.) (10) Analyze post launch device and major application data performance. (11) Familiarity in executing battery drain measurements (12) Demonstrate leadership by developing and implementing a holistic testing strategy for major technology introductions and business initiatives and come up with efficient testing strategy that minimizes cost/ensure quality. This manager is responsible for managing end to end device analysis, Battery Performance and verification of preloaded and critical downloaded, VZ Branded applications on various mobile devices using automation tools. Also responsible for developing diagnostic and productivity tools that brings in operational efficiency reducing dependency on 3rd party tool vendors/products.
- Must be strongly results-oriented with a demonstrated ability to meet the deadlines and deliverables in timely fashion.
- Must be a self-starter and prepared to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing complex relationships with external groups and vendors.
- Must possess and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude and highly motivated with good communication skills.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Position is responsible for developing device performance tools and managing E2E development life cycle from product inception to launch
- Position is responsible for managing mobile device application certification testing using automation tools.
- Position is responsible of maintaining and managing vendor relationship/test platform process.
- As part of development/vendor management, position is responsible for
- Review roadmap with development team/any 3rd party vendor associated with project if any
- Development Vendor selection for any specialized feature support
- Schedule regular meetings with internal/external teams
- Drive solution with innovation
- Test Equipment Interface: Investigate/Adapt top network tools, well-defined set of APIs for test management platforms, User experience interfaces-Developing standardized access into the UE through user interface controls.
- Manage test platform validation in 3rd party labs if needed
- End to End tracking of all test platform/3rd party lab testing activities in terms of deliverables
- Come up with Mitigation plan when sensing delay in schedule
- Manage all the NDA’s/Licenses related to 3rd party vendors
- Very good understanding of 3G Network/4G LTE networks. Strong knowledge of Nokia/Ericsson LTE network infrastructures
- Very good understanding of Mobile Operating Systems Android, iOS, RIM, and Windows Mobile
- Develop testing strategies to efficiently execute test plans on various mobile devices (Smart phones, tablets, etc.)
- Drive testing activities using various automation tools to bring in efficiency and reduce cost.
- Managing day to day testing commitments ;ensuring team has good understanding of their roles and responsibilities;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion all testing activities and provide results to the Executive Management/Stakeholders.
- Good knowledge with 3GPP/3GPP2 Standards
- Ability to create test plan to verify various device feature/applications used in smartphones/tablets and execute test plan in timely fashion.
- Ability to troubleshoot collect logs using qxdm, adb logs, and other device/network tools.
- Working Knowledge of Wi-Fi, EVDO, eHRPD, 1XRTT, and LTE Network and Device operations.
- Develop reports that trend and analyze key device performance statistics for the whole country. Familiarity with data analysis is a plus.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present technical results to executive management.
- Ability to take new responsibilities in terms of testing in short notice.
- Bachelor’s degree of six or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in mobile telecommunications.
- Development experience with Android/iOS smartphones/tablets application development.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Six or more years of experience in mobile telecommunications.
- Development background in managing large software development teams.
- Strong technical and managerial skills.
- Strong understanding of 3G/LTE.
- Ability to collect logs on smartphones/tablets/dongles on various OS-Android, IOS and also analyze logs.
- Four or more years of experience in testing mobile phones and/or network infrastructure equipment.
- Two or more years of experience related application testing on mobile smartphones and mobile device testing.
- Four or more years of experience in programming- C++, Java, DotNet, HTML5 and other scripting languages.
- Strong Knowledge in Word, Power Point and other MS office Tools.
- Team Player and can do attitude.
- Strong communication and execution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives simultaneously.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6783361-technology-manager
• Post ID: 102346088 newyork