Temporary Special Events Manager (through August 2013) - Public Theater (New York, NY)
The Public Theater is seeking an employee to work in our development department on the execution of our upcoming Spring and Summer donor events.
• Acts as development team point person for upcoming events including our Gala, two Shakespeare in the Park opening nights, four barbecues and several Delacorte Investor events
• Acts as liaison with all internal partners on event logistics (Special Events consultant, Development staff)
• Acts as liaison with external partners (Gala Committee and Chairs, trustees, donors)
• Acts as liaison with senior development staff regarding invitation lists
• Creates strategy for gala attendance, ticket and table sales, and solicitation plan
• Coordinates trustee solicitation and manages trustee personal lists for gala invitees
• Works with Special Events Consultant to mail and track all Gala solicitation materials, including save the date and formal invitation (with the Donor Marketing Manager)
• Works with Special Events Consultant to manage gala budget, with a focus on managing gala income against goals (not on managing event expenses)
• Phone solicitation for gala and benefit tables and tickets.
• Manages follow up calls and invoice creation for pledges.
• Manages seating of theater and dinner related to events
• Coordinates and manages check in, recruits volunteers; prepares check-in materials and oversee check in procedure for gala
• Manages acknowledgement process
• Tessitura knowledge a plus
• Post ID: 36994071 newyork