Job Function: Training Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: None
Min Experience: 3-5 Years
Required Travel: 10-25%
Obrascón Huarte Lain (OHL) North America encompasses the construction activities of the OHL Group, its subsidiaries and affiliates across the United States and Canada. OHL is a large international concessions and construction group with more than 100 years of history. It operates in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. At present, the OHL Group is an international leader in the construction industry that specializes in roadways, bridges, tunnels, railways, hospitals, water resources and unique buildings. For more information on OHL North America, please visit our website: http://www.ohlna.com/
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Training Manager is responsible for the day to day operations, development and implementation of training programs for OHL NA. This is a hands-on role that will work closely with Operations, HR, Legal, safety and management to develop and deliver comprehensive training programs that support business goals and drive organizational performance.
- Implements training and development policies and programs, including technical training, management and organizational development, safety training, train-the-trainer programs, and learning management.
- Coordinates with line managers to identify skill/knowledge gaps and identify training needs, develops training courses, curriculum, or materials, and delivers and evaluates training sessions.
- Selects training tools or training delivery mechanisms, based on the material being taught and the audience being targeted. Coordinates guest trainers or subject matter experts (SMEs). Documents employee attendance or performance at mandatory training sessions. Assesses training effectiveness and modifies programs to improve results.
- Designs, develops and delivers training sessions to all levels of the organization
- Works with business operations to identify training gaps, developing appropriate programs and leads training sessions
- Oversees and manages company entry level programs to attract, hire, develop and retain new and top talent into the Company to be the next generation of management and significant individual contributors to meet the market demands of the future.
- Will write and deliver Respect in the Workplace training programs throughout the Company as needed and required. Will develop and deliver a Respect in the Workplace program for our CA employees, meeting all state requirements and regulations
- Tracks employee participation and gathers feedback on training session effectiveness, identifies gaps and implements improvements
- Ensures all training programs are in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Delivers Respect in the Workplace training sessions throughout the company, in coordination with Regional HR Managers.
- Prepares and presents training metrics that assess and measure impact and ROI of employee development and training programs
- Leads yearly performance management initiative across the organization. Works closely with managers to roll out G&Os and IDPs.
- Partners with HR to continuously enhance and improve orientation and onboarding programs
- Stays current with the latest training and L&D trends
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to listen well is mandatory
- Ability to foster teamwork.
- Possess the ability and self-confidence to present to and facilitate development and training sessions at all levels of the organization
- Possess the intellectual ability and creative talents to understand the specific needs of our Company and design and deliver programs that will be appropriate, effective and productive
- Has the ability and maturity to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability and talents to design, develop and roll-out respective training programs as needed
- Possesses the character and unquestionable integrity to represent the Company
- Demonstrates significant problem solving abilities and highly refined analytical skills
- Works in a proactive manner and is a self-starter who approaches his/her work with a sense of urgency
- Meets deadlines under pressure in short time frames
- Can multi-task and thrive in an environment where numerous tasks and projects occur simultaneously, where change is the norm
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and project management skills.
Experience and Education:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the field's policies, procedures, and practices.
- Performs complex tasks. Leads and directs the work of other employees.
- Has full authority for personnel decisions and may have some impact on departmental budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Education, Human Resources or related disciplines. 5-7 years L&D and training experience, preferably in a company with a large population of hourly workers; construction industry experience a plus.
- 50% travel required within the US and Canada
- Works in an office environment. May also visit field locations.
- Frequently sits for long periods of time
- Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
- May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending
OHL USA, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“OHL”) shall not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to OHL or an employee of OHL, by mail, electronically, or otherwise will be considered OHL property. OHL will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. OHL will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. OHL Human Resources is the only authorized representative of OHL to execute any agreements with search firms or staffing agencies. As a condition for payment, a Vendor shall have OHL USA Inc.’s Personnel Agreement and a Job Order signed by an authorized OHL HR representative. Verbal or written communications from any employee of OHL and its subsidiaries shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be the property of OHL.
Contact Person: Amanda Maldonado
Phone: 7185542546 Ext. 2546
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 152960812 newyork