Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:07 AM
ESTATES & WINES BRAND AMBASSADOR
Focus: Estates & Wines Prestige Brands and Portfolio Icon Wines
The Estates & Wines Brand Ambassador will serve as a local brand spokesperson with a primary objective to drive distribution and velocity; performing a variety of trade and consumer trainings and tastings, in line with the brand and product communication guidelines. He/she will develop and maintain relationships with key retailers, on-premise accounts and wine influencers to inspire, educate, build reputation, and improve distribution and visibility of the MHUSA wine portfolio. The Wine Ambassador will also support the Brand Team in the implementation of distribution strategy and marketing initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Drive distribution and velocity of Prestige Brands and Portfolio Icon Wines (45%)
•Work with and build strong relationship with distributor sales team or SG Portfolio Specialists in the NY, NJ, MD, DC, DE, AZ and CO markets.
•Focus on growing visibility in On and Off-premise in key markets by calling on selected
accounts (by the glass, menu features, promotions)
Trade education (30%)
•In close relationship with the MH Region Business Development Managers, train sommeliers, bartenders, wait-staff (on premise), account managers and personnel (off premise).
•Conduct Tasting & Training Programs as per KPIs
•Develop relationship with key accounts and retailers to maximize MH wine’s visibility
and ensure flawless execution of programs and label transitions.
•Leverage personal relationships to support MHUSA sales team effort and develop wine business.
Consumer Education & B2B (20%)
•Host key consumer events (dinners, master classes etc.) and key accounts sampling events.
•Conduct extensive tastings in partnership with fine wine independent retailers and other consumer wine collector groups as well as private client/B2B and “Sensory journey” events
Support Brand Manager in implementing brand Program (5%)
•Help Brand Managers and Business Development Managers identify key business opportunities
(new accounts, partnerships, events etc). Alert the team with any issue and / or opportunity.
•Help Communications Team identify and establish relationship with key wine gatekeepers: star reviewers, key specialized press editors, key trade influencers.
Budget Management & Reporting
• must provide quarterly report on activities and ROI
• manage samples and activation budget
• Wine expert: Sommelier and/or Wine Director and/or Wine Educator and/or Winemaker and/or Brand Ambassador
• 5 to 8 years’ experience in Wine and Spirits industry in the US market - with Sommelier and sales
• Certifications from Court of Master Sommeliers and/or CWE and/or WSET level 3
• Good understanding of the three-tier system
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to work under their own initiative.
• Language: English. French or Spanish is a plus.
• Availability for extensive domestic travels (min 100 days per year on the road).
• Position based in New York
Company: Strategic Group
• Location: Manhattan, New York, NY
• Post ID: 132985602 newyork