Chemistry Immersion Instructor - Relay Graduate School of Education (New York, NY)
Reporting to the Director of the New York City Teaching Fellows (NYCTF) Program, the Chemistry Immersion Instructor will support the institution by completing various projects related to Chemistry instruction, program and curriculum development, and the delivery of Relay GSE's Immersion program to incoming graduate students during an 8-day credit-bearing course.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare for (e.g. review tested certification exam objectives, analyze diagnostic test results, internalize and modify sessions, create daily mastery assessments) and teach a group of Chemistry graduate students from 9 AM – 6 PM from Monday, June 3, 2013 – Friday, June 14, 2013
- Attend virtual Faculty Orientation during the week of May 6, 2013
- Request necessary instructional and technological materials to prepare for classes
- Review correspondence from Program Director and Manager of Operations and complete action steps in a timely manner
- Share all resources used in the planning and delivery of instruction with the Director of the NYCTF Program
- Debrief instructional strengths and growth areas with from session observations
- Grade daily assessments and return to graduate students within one business day
- Ensure that all grades and comments are recorded for his or her graduate students
- Participate in Immersion Instructor meetings throughout the 8-day course
- Maintain accurate daily professionalism logs and scores
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
First and foremost, the Chemistry Immersion Instructor must share the team's sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher training.
Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Master's degree
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry (high preferred)
- At least four years of teaching Chemistry with demonstrated student achievement
- Teacher coaching experience
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the achievement gap
The Relay Graduate School of Education (Relay GSE) is a groundbreaking graduate school with an innovative Master's degree program designed specifically to respond to today's urgent demand for effective and successful teachers. Relay GSE is serving over 600 graduate or alternate route program students in both New York and New Jersey.
Relay GSE's mission is to teach teachers to develop in all students the academic skills and strength of character needed to succeed in college and life. Our academic programs â practically focused, reinforced by the proven practices of high-performing schools, and substantiated by research â were designed to enable our graduates to lead their predominantly urban students to demonstrable annual achievement gains. Relay GSE is positioned to bring about transformational change in teacher preparation, becoming the place where a new generation of continuously-improving, results-focused individuals can fulfill their destiny in the world's greatest profession.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
• Post ID: 36667290 newyork