Clinical Social Worker - Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation (Bronx, NY)
Location: 50 East 168th Street, Bronx, NY 10452
Reports to: Director of Family Support Services
The Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation (WHEDco), a Bronx-based nonprofit housing and community development organization, seeks a Clinical Social Worker to join its Family Support Services Department. WHEDco has worked for twenty years to build a more beautiful, equitable, and economically vibrant Bronx. We reach 35,000 people annually through energy-efficient, healthy and affordable homes; early childhood education and youth development; home-based childcare microenterprise and food business incubation; and family support. See www.whedco.org for more information.
WHEDco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Summary: The Family Support Worker will demonstrate appropriate goal setting and effective practice skills in a collaborative model, serving community residents and clients who participate in programs across a number of disciplines. The population to be served is Urban Horizons building residents and people from the local community. Service areas at the UrbanHorizonsEconomicDevelopmentCenter include: child care (Head Start, universal pre-k and family based child care) and after-school and teen programs.
Specifically, the Family Support Worker will manage a caseload, performing a range of clinical and other services to include individual, family and group counseling, advocacy, resource and referral services to a mixed population.
- Under the direct supervision of the Director of Family Support Services, provide a range of clinical services to include: individual, family and group counseling, advocacy, as well as resource and referral services.
- Perform case management services according to protocols designed by the Director. Work with individuals and families who require intervention in the following areas: substance abuse counseling, domestic violence, crisis intervention, and group work etc. Where deemed necessary, make appropriate referrals to outside agencies.
- Develop and maintain linkages within a network of multi-disciplinary human service organizations for the purposes of information exchange and referrals in the broader community.
- Maintain client files (written and computerized) and prepare reports for Director's review.
- Maintain accurate information on agency data base.
- In conjunction with other Family Support staff, plan and implement peer support groups, parenting workshops, domestic violence/support groups etc.
- Attend meetings that include but are not limited to: team meetings, case conferences, interdisciplinary meetings, and regularly scheduled supervisory meetings.
- Serve in a mediating role, as necessary, when issues/conflicts involving program participants and other program staff arise.
- Participate in in-house and external staff development and training activities.
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by Director.
- LCSW or LMSW
- Minimum of 1 -2 years experience
- Knowledge of clinical services, case management and advocacy in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
• Post ID: 36488368 newyork