Healthcare Case Manager - Harlem United Community AIDS Center (New York, NY)
The Healthcare Case Manager (LMSW) is responsible for providing supportive housing services by delivering medical and mental healthcare management to clients with HIV/AIDS. Additionally, the Case Manager must provide HIV education and entitlement advocacy services to clients and complete annual psychosocial for all HRA clients. The Healthcare Case Manager (LMSW) will carry a smaller caseload to compensate for the completion of annual psychosocial. S/He will be responsible for all compliance standards of HASA.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
- Conduct monthly home visits according to Scattered Site Desk Guide and Harlem United policies.
- Complete annual psychosocial for all HRA clients
- Monitor the client's progress through scheduled office visits, home visits, phone contact as well as anticipating and dealing with crisis situations.
- Assist the client in identification of daily life challenges while providing timely and robust documentation of services. Maintain compliance with all HASA requirements, Desk Guides, and Protocols and Standards.
- Conduct timely treatment and service planning which involves counseling, goal setting, and identification and coordination of supportive services.
- Participates in weekly administrative and clinical supervision and is responsible for developing skills and increasing knowledge as provided by supervisor, training, or other educational tools and services.
The following duties are to be performed as assigned by the supervisor:
- Deliver advocacy to client healthcare by providing an affirmative and assertive approach to assisting the client with services that they are entitled to.
- Recognize how the external demands of the client's environment may impact their medical, mental health and psychosocial needs.
- Aid the client with skill development that will lead to a more independent level of functioning in daily life.
- Identify and remove barriers to a client's medical and mental health care while linking the client to supportive services within Harlem United and to outside agencies as needed.
- Consult with Residence Director and/or Maintenance Coordinator regarding the scheduling and delivery or maintenance requests for clients' apartments.
- Participate in case conferences with all agencies that have been or are currently involved in the clients' care. Obtain copies of case records as necessary.
Education and Certification
Masters in Social Work with license and 1 years of experience in direct case management with some experience in HIV/AIDS treatment. Additionally, a working knowledge of substance use issues and interventions. Solid oral and written communication skills, good time management, and good interpersonal skills are required. An interest in professional growth within a health-driven social service agency is encouraged. Additional certificates or trainings a plus.
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
- Basic computer literacy (e.g., Microsoft Word, e-mail)
- Excellent case management skills
- Experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS, families, and groups
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and team-building skills
- In an emergency, willing and able to provide services outside of normal business hours
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Post ID: 37153794 newyork