Physical Therapist - PT in Home Care - Gentiva Health Services (Riverhead, NY)
Physical Therapist - Gentiva Home Health
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's what Gentiva® patients have come to expect from our physical therapists for nearly 40 years.
I believe I can make a difference.
Gentiva physical therapists make a real difference in people's lives every single day by delivering comprehensive patient-focused services such as nursing, therapy and rehab to more than 500,000 patients a year through an interdisciplinary team approach to care.
I believe in working for a company that cares as much as I do.
Gentiva offers our physical therapists a unique employment package that includes:
* Career path into clinical management and leadership positions including multi site rehab directors and specialty focus areas
* Innovative specialties with cutting-edge training and development.
* Flexible full-time, benefited pay per visit and part-time positions.
* Comprehensive benefits which include competitive pay with direct deposit, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Physical Therapist, you will:
- Develop and implement a rehabilitation program consistent with the physician's Plan on Treatment.
- Confer with physician and clinical team members to obtain additional patient information and assist in developing, implementing and revising the therapy treatment program and Plan of Treatment.
- Oversee, supervise, educate and evaluate Physical Therapy Assistants' performance in implementing physical therapy services.
- Provide hands-on care, case management and evaluation of the care plan, and education of the patient utilizing Gentiva Care Notes.
In addition, a Gentiva Physical Therapist:
- Has the autonomy to make individualized patient-centered decisions for optimal clinical care.
- Works with other highly skilled clinicians through a multi- or interdisciplinary team approach.
- Benefits from the award-winning
for clinical and professional development courses for advanced training and free continuing education credits. Gentiva University
- Has access to the latest tools, research and techniques through the
. Gentiva Health Education Center
* Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program (approved by the APTA)
* A minimum of one year physical therapy experience preferred
* Home Health experience a plus
* Current and unrestricted Physical Therapy licensure
* Current CPR certification
* Good organizational and communication skills
I believe the best is yet to come.
As a Gentiva physical therapist, we give you everything you need to make the most of your career, including advanced education and training, the latest resources and the industry's highest standards of clinical excellence. When you work for Gentiva, you can expect more: more opportunities, more challenges, more rewards. That's why Gentiva is the employer of choice for some of today's most experienced and talented physical therapists.
*Gentiva Health Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 1.866.GENTIVA.
keywords: PT, P.T., Physical Therapist, Therapist, homecare, home care, healthcare, health care, home health, ortho, orthopedics, orthopedic therapist, therapy, balance dysfunction, therapy manager, rehab, outpatient, out patient, rehab setting, rehabilitative, therapeutic, physical therapy, acute care, rehabilitation, geriatrics, outpatient, outpatient therapy
Job Open Until: March 11, 2013
• Post ID: 36876467 newyork