Must have experience and at least high school diploma.
Veterinary Technician duties include:
- Determines animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews; reviewing care plans and records; completing laboratory tests and studies and diagnostic imaging.
- Caries for animals by taking vital signs; collecting samples; administering medications, drugs, and vaccines; bandaging and wrapping wounds
- Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments; securing and bringing animals to examination room; restraining animals; providing assistance as directed; explaining animal's status to owner.
- Supports operations by assembling required supplies and instruments; setting-up surgery table instruments; restraining animals; completing local/regional anesthesia; operating and monitoring anesthetic machines; hooking-up ECG monitors; preparing surgical site; placing catheters; obtaining blood samples; cleaning-up post-surgical site; maintaining sterile conditions; obtaining and verifying medications.
- Maintains animals by feeding and watering animals; cleaning animal's cages and equipment; changing cages; observing for clinical signs of disease.
- Maintains a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments; sanitizing and disinfecting holding and operating areas; storing sterile supplies; verifying shelf life; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions and changes; updating database
- Maintains equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; calling for repairs
- Keeps supplies ready by inventory stock; placing orders
- Clinical skills by creating a safe and effective environment for the staff and animals
- Performing diagnostic procedures by using correct and accurate medical technologies and equipment
- Attention to detail, patience and accurate changes with the animals during clinical hour
- Verbal communication and correct clinical vocabulary needed to assist veterinarian
- Knowledge of animal behavior
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
Job Type: Full-time
- Veterinary Technician: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Veterinary Technician
• Post ID: 158610177 newyork