What you’ll be doing...
As a cloud operator, build and support the Verizon Cloud Platform. Accomplish this by being knowledgeable in variety of networking, compute and storage technologies: routing (OSPF, BGP, ISIS, MPLS), Ethernet Fabrics (Leaf/Spine, L2/L3 CLOS), Overlays (VxLAN, GRE,…), virtual networking services, IPv4/IPv6, OpenStack, Service Chaining, Server Architecture, Storage (NAS, SAN, RAID,…) and firewall/load balancer architecture.
On-Call support/rotation for stack outage and degradation of services. During outages support the troubleshooting of edge connectivity, physical data and control planes and tenant connectivity to VCP. Provide and/or contribute to RCAs, review of play books to improve and or create new as necessary for remediation.
Outside of outage situations the operators will work on the following projects and tasks. Review logs and monitoring info to find preventative playbooks, help with VCP builds by contributing to deployment methods or tooling and daily improvement of VCP performance and reliability. May also be involved with aiding tenants with projects or refactoring of their systems.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Five or more years of Information Systems experience.
- Expertise in networking support and deployment of technologies both physical and/or virtual, systems including OSPF, BGP, ISIS, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, VxLAN, sflow, eVPN, OVS, OpenFLow, ONIE/POAP, DNS, Service Chaining, firewalls, local/global load balancer.
- Strong IPv6 knowledge for building/transitioning services to IPv6.
- Automation deployment via Ansible, Python, Scripts, Jinja templating for network hardware and services. API/NetConf configuration of network elements.
- LINUX System administration, RedHat/Ubuntu.
- Git repo.
- Experience supporting commercial, 24x7, customer-facing and revenue generating systems.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Solid demonstrated technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6769386-cloud-platform-operator
• Post ID: 101705538 newyork