What you’ll be doing...
The Smart Communities team (SC) at Verizon helps public and private sector planners increase economic development, drive engagement and promote sustainability with our suite of smart city solutions. Our portfolio of offerings includes people-first solutions to parking, traffic, and lighting.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Copywriter who is passionate about writing and enjoys the challenge of translating technical subject matter into understandable, compelling content that articulates Verizon’s value.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Create new and edit existing marketing & communications content, including white papers, thought leadership content, marketing collateral and website copy.
- Research, gather and synthesize information and determine most valuable information to be conveyed.
- Simplify complex information and data to craft clear, concise, compelling communications that effectively positions and sells our solutions.
- Deliver high quality work – accurate and grammatically correct content - always keeping in mind Verizon’s standards for excellence.
- Collaborate with all levels in the organization and “interview” technical & business SMEs to create white papers, presentations, blog posts, speeches, case studies, etc.
- Respond to and craft content for sales proposals and RFP’s that clearly articulates Verizon’s value.
- Develop proposal content that is factual and persuasive and forms the basis of a boilerplate proposal “tool kit”.
- Master and implement Verizon’s brand standards and brand voice into all communications. Create cohesive stories among graphics, technical diagrams and text.
Who you are:
- Passionate about writing.
- Passionate about urban technology solutions that can change people’s lives.
- Comfortable with operating in a fast moving start-up environment within an established organization.
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into compelling and meaningful content.
- Ability to simplify messaging and communicate complex information in a way people understand.
- Team player who can work with organizational Leaders, Business Development, Product and other SMEs to develop meaningful and creative content.
- Self- motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A project manager that meets timelines.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or relevant discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical copywriting and/or proposal writing experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Ability to take technical subject matter and make it understandable for a non-technical audience.
- Excellent communicator who consistently maintains excellent standards under pressure.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Creative and strategic thinker - skilled at determining the best approach/structure for a project.
- Ability to collaborate and comfortably communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Attention to detail with command of the English language, spelling and punctuation.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience developing B2B or Smart Cities/Public Sector content.
- Five or more years of relevant Smart Cities, Telecom or Technology domain experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2400916-content-writer
• Post ID: 158594682 newyork