Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is hiring a Data Scientist (1 or 2) to be located in Raritan, NJ with consideration given to other NJ J&J offices.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Data Scientist (1 of 2) is part of the Value Chain Management team within the Strategy and Deployment organization.
- Analyze business issues that span across the entire supply chain and enable decision making towards impact through modeling and optimization
- Develop and productizing our solution design and optimization processes thru continuous improvement based on actual experience in analyzing opportunities of varying complexities, voice of customer and external benchmarking
- Learn and deploy leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs, e.g. Hadoop, SAS, R, Python, etc., to drive results and identify opportunities
- Drive business impact by solving unique problems thru keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization
- Partner with assigned value chain, network, plan, CLS and SC IT core team members to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, model the trade-off and share insights and influence decision making
- Understand the end-to-end business challenges faced by individual franchises to improve service and enable flexibility for profitable growth
- Develop the data and analytics needs to address the challenges, define the appropriate analytical solution for the technology and deploy the analytical solution to deliver results
- Partner with Supply Chain team members across segments to understand the business context and develop solutions to explore and address business questions through baseline assessment and scenario planning
- Work with Supply Chain IT to identify and integrate information into a seamless, repeatable and consistent way
- Translate the data into information and insights with clear scenario analysis and business impact and execution plan to drive impact
- Continue to improve the process and methodology for analytics and modeling for such solutions building capability within the organization
- A Bachelorâs Degree in STEM OR information systems with a minimum of eight (8) years of related business experience is required
- A Masterâs Degree in advanced supply chain or information systems with a minimum of five (5) years of experience across different industries is preferred; PhD in Operations research strongly preferred
- INFORMS certification in Analytics Professional (CAP) preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in modeling and simulation in supply chain and manufacturing / transportation industry setting is required
- Familiarity with large datasets, and understanding of data analysis workflows is required
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, Perl, HTML5, R etc. is preferred
- Significant exposure to modeling and simulation tools (e.g. AIMMS, Simul8, FlexSim, ProModel) or optimization engines (e.g. C-PLEX, Gurobi) is required
- Significant hands-on experience with open source algorithms for modeling (e.g. R) or data mapping (e.g. Python) is preferred
- Strong understanding of Statistics as applied to data analysis and experience with statistical packages is preferred
- Experience with data analysis, visualization and workflow software is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the processes associated with the end-to-end supply chain, including New Product Introduction (NPI), capacity planning, sourcing, manufacturing (internal and external), logistics, and service is preferred
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time domestically and/or internationally is required
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=4128171106&lang=en
• Post ID: 158465412 newyork