What you’ll be doing...
HQ Technology Strategy and Innovation's (TSI's) Network Health Analytics Team is seeking a Data Scientist to execute complex Data Science analytical studies on how network metrics correlate mathematically with each other and correlate to the customer experience. As a member of this highly technical team, the candidate will act independently and be responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements related to Network Health Analytics.
As a Data Scientist on the Network Health Analytics Team, you will be an authoritative subject matter expert on algorithms and techniques to predict and optimize conditions in Verizon’s network that ultimately extract business value out of Verizon’s data. You will be responsible for understanding the Team's big data objectives, how they contribute to Verizon's success, and then investigating and implementing data science technologies that best support the Team's mission. You will analyze cutting-edge technologies and make recommendations to Verizon executives on the future technologies Verizon should implement.
The candidate will needs advanced analytic skills to find relationships, models, and statistical associations between massive data sets. This task is above the level or experience of a standard Computer Science degree and requires that the individual be specialized in algorithms, statistics, data engineering and machine learning. The Data Scientist will setup and execute these studies from hypothesis to study conclusion in a practical academic fashion.
- Work with data owners inside Verizon to understand what Verizon network and IT data is available.
- Work with busines unit stakeholders to understand high-cost areas and use cases that could be impvroved via prediciton and optimization
- Perform exploratory data analysis to understand the relationships between Verizon data sets and the most valuable data sets.
- Develop and implement big data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence capabilities that can predict and optimize key quantities and events in the Verizon network.
- Author and collaborate on Technical Requirements, Specifications, Proposals, High Level Designs, and other applicable engineering documents.
- Conduct detailed technology research on industry and vendor solutions for analyzing data and implement new solutions in the Innovation Team's lab to identify those which are the most promising.
- Provide thought leadership for the Data Infrastructure & Analysis team and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline or improve adoption of analytics into their projects.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing and implementing machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering preferred.
- 4+ years of experience developing and implementing machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Ability to work in a team and independently on multiple high priority projects. Ability to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects.
- Extremely strong problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity and practical experience with modern machine learning tools such as TensorFlow, Caffee, scikit-learn, and Theano.
- Familiarity and practical experience with programming languages such as R and Python.
- Familiarity and practical experience in the areas of machine learning, neural networks, statistical learning, and exploratory data analysis.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6787888-data-scientist
• Post ID: 102646533 newyork