Deloitte Advisory-Analytics (Intern) - Fordham Grad, Summer 2017 - Deloitte (Jersey City, New Jersey)
Ready for an exciting, fast-paced career? Have a passion for digging in to data, drawing conclusions and developing recommendations? As an Analytics Intern at
Deloitte, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals while building your professional skills in a variety of analytical techniques and industry skills. You’ll be involved in developing data analysis plans, innovative analytics strategies, and designing and implementing a variety of client solutions that address challenging business issues.
Work you’ll do
You will perform detailed data analysis to develop meaningful insights necessary to address regulatory and business challenges for companies of all sizes across multiple industries. Sample Intern responsibilities may include:
• Assisting forensic accountants in the detection and measurement of fraud or other violations
• Creating, managing, and utilizing high-performance database solutions
• Querying and mining large data sets to discover patterns
• Performing current state assessment of client performance management and predictive modeling capabilities
• Integrating business needs and technology solutions, such as developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementation.
Data can often hold the key to future growth opportunities for many complex organizations. Deloitte Advisory’s Analytics services help our clients transform business issues into opportunities for growth and long-term competitive advantage. Our Analytics professionals make extensive use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, rules-based methods, and explanatory and predictive modeling in order to bring insights to client issues in the forensic and transaction domains. Learn more our Analytics team at Deloitte.
• Undergraduate or Master’s degree in the following majors with relevant analytics or data management focused coursework desired:
Technology: Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Math
Business: Business Analytics, Information Science / Management, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Actuarial
Engineering: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering
• Strong communication, team building, teaming and presentation experience
• Prior experience working with and managing large data sets, including extraction and merges from source systems, data cleansing and transformations, and providing preliminary descriptive and advanced analytics findings to business challenges.
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills and ability to synthesize data
• Travel up to 80% may be required, dependent on role and location
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
Additionally, we are seeking candidates with familiarity with a variety of analytics tools and programming languages such as, but not limited to:
• Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, OLAP
• Data Visualization Tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, etc.)
• Reporting Tools (e.g. Business Objects, Reporting Services, etc.)
• Big Data Tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, Mahout, etc.)
• Data quality tools (e.g., Dataflux, Business Objects, Informatica, etc.)
• Machine Learning/Cognitive (e.g., Python, Mahout, IBM Watson, CognitiveScale)
• Predictive Analytics/Data Mining: (e.g., IBM SPSS, SAS Enterprise Miner, RPL, Python, Matlab)
• Performance management and visualization tools
How you’ll grow
Throughout the course of the internship program, you will receive formal and informal mentorship and training. You will have access to learning opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. Beyond the formal training, you will work with talented professionals and have the chance to ask questions and gain valuable hands-on experience while working on client engagements. Interns will also be invited to participate in an Advisory Internship Conference hosted during the summer at Deloitte University. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
• Post ID: 93930778 newyork