Analytics / Data Scientist
Verizon Business Markets (VBM) is a newly created strategic business unit within Operations, to serve the wireline communications and networking technology needs of U.S.-based small and medium businesses, and state and local government. The Digital organization within IT will be focused on enabling an eco-system that hones in on digitizing the customer experience through technology with a cloud/mobile first tenet, and analytics to enable new products, directional product bundles, and third party solution – all to enable new revenue streams.
As a Data Scientist, you will be working with a team of highly motivated individuals that are setting their goals to create the next big digital experience for Verizon. If you are passionate about asking questions, and find answers in the data that we have, you will be a good fit for this team. You will play the unique role of driving insights that will help us build the digital platform for Verizon Business Markets. We are a fast paced, highly motivated, technology driven team where each individual's contribution directly impacts our success. Join a team of highly motivated technology team that work at startup pace in a large corporation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Collaborate with the team to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data
- Build learning systems that monitor data flows and react to changes in customer preferences, network constraints, and business objectives
- Collaborate with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders
- Use data mining and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in data analytics.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Math, Physics, Computer Science or related quantitative degree, MS/PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data analytics.
- Ability to mine large data sets and looks for valuable insights that drive business outcomes
- Extensive experience with analytical and quantitative problem solving.
- Experience with analysis tool(s) such as pandas or R.
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Comfort working in a UNIX environment.
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive or similar systems.
- Specific interest in search engines, recommendation systems, or social networks.
- Active contributor to open source software.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6659455-data-scientist
• Post ID: 96609095 newyork