What you’ll be doing...
The Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (MBB) will support the Process Excellence & Innovation team, their assigned business function, and the Green and Black Belts assigned to that business. They will work with their manager and business unit leaders to develop and execute Lean Six Sigma and other improvement strategies to solve business problems. Lean Six Sigma MBBs provide input and guidance to their manager and business leaders on both a systems and technical basis for the ongoing improvement of Lean Six Sigma and the selection and execution of projects. Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead business/functional unit six sigma project executions. Plan, support and provide coaching to others in the Lean Six Sigma methodology, including: executives, managers, process owners, Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and Lean Six Sigma Green Belts
- Mentor and Teach Lean Six Sigma Black Belt candidates in all or in specific modules of the Lean Six Sigma curriculum. Participate in Black Belt & Green Belt training
- Provide guidance as a resource to managers, functional departments, and business units in identifying, planning and implementing Lean Six Sigma projects that will provide optimum benefits resulting in significant business improvement.
- Provide active and aggressive leadership in problem solving efforts on key projects to improve revenue, market penetration, share of the wallet, quality, reduce cost and improve cycle time (i.e. wasted time, scrap, rework, etc..), and improving income
- Be a liaison between other business unit locations on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope
- Each Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt is expected to mentor at least twenty belts and certify at least 10 belts per year
- Review and assess his/her own project portfolio periodically and make course corrections as needed
- Provide management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key, process focused objectives.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- 4-year degree required in engineering, business or technical discipline or related experience.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Proven record of performance and trusted professional credibility.
- Experienced team leader with proven problem solving experience and process focus.
Even better if you have:
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Certification as a Black Belt/Master Black Beltis desired.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2345482-master-black-belt
• Post ID: 158594687 newyork