What you’ll be doing...
Verizon HQ Network Infrastructure Planning organization is looking for a self-motivated and innovative thinking engineer in support of Verizon SDN WAN architecture and technology development. As a member of technical staff, you will be working in a small team environment and serve as a liaison between internal team and partner engineering teams within Verizon. The new position’s main goal is to work with business development team and support in creating new product and service creation opportunities as a network technical subject matter of expert. Proactive technology research, industry trend analysis, and developing next generation network architecture using modern networking technology (e.g., Software Defined Networking) and creating revenue generating new network services are key functions of the team. Responsibilities include:
- New network technology and data service prototyping and validation
- Work with various network technology and business development team to create new network infrastructure solution using modern network technologies in support of new revenue generating services like Low Cost Internet.
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) ecosystem solutions development in support of new network service creation
- Support Verizon One-Network project team in support of Verizon network infrastructure transformation.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Network Engineering or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Five or more years of data communication industry experience
- IP network (WAN/LAN) Engineering and operational (both Layer 2 and 3) experience in Service Provider Network or Large Enterprise Network environment
- SDN knowledge and experience
Even better if you have:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with modern data communication technology discipline.
- In-depth knowledge in both Packet and Optical network technologies
- Production data services (Internet, L2/L3 VPN, peering, CDN, LTE, VoIP, etc.) and network operations experience.
- Understanding of end-to-end service assurance architecture and tools experience.
- Understanding of Layer-1 network transport technology (e.g., OTN)
- Understanding of Access network technology (e.g., PON, Ethernet, RAN, etc.)
- Understanding IP Core network technology (e.g., MPLS)
- Understanding of ONF SDN architecture and technology (control plane, data plane, management plane, orchestration, etc.)
- Multi-vendor network infrastructure operation experience
- Agile product development knowledge or experience
- DevOps and NetOps experience and network operation/management tools development skills
- Open networking, open API, and open platform development experience
- Understanding of cloud networking technologies
- Data model and policy driven network design
- Network and configuration management technology experience (NetConf/YANG, OF-Config, OpenConfig, OVSDB etc.)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7152020-network-infrastructure-planning
• Post ID: 131700547 newyork