Supply Chain Advanced Analytics team at Verizon Wireless needs highly skilled and experienced experts in data analysis including modeling, data mining and visualization to support decision making at day-to-day, tactical and strategic levels.
Sr. Data Scientist is part of a leading-edge advanced analytics team responsible for
(i) Supporting day-to-day and tactical analytics needs of the operational teams like setting safety stock targets at DCs and stores;
(ii) Driving strategic efforts across the supply chain organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved device life cycle management, working capital optimization and cost reduction;
(iii) Ensuring appropriate and correct modeling techniques are used by the data scientists and analysts in the team;
(iv) Being the go-to-person for the data scientists and analysts for technical modeling questions, and the state-of-the-art models and software in the field.
He/She is an individual contributor, and autonomous in technical and analytical choices like determining the appropriate modeling technique to utilize and design decisions.
Work as the analytics lead person in an operational planning team that supports one of the strategic OEM's that support our core business. The Sr. Data Scientist will be part of the team and equally responsible for achieving service level targets for products of a vendor(s) with minimum possible cost and working capital:
• Owns the development and use quantitative models to recommend inventory targets for different stock points in the supply chain (DCs, stores, etc.) at product level
for critical and strategic OEM's
• Owns the analytics support and business recommandations for daily distruptions in supply and demand like promotions using data
• Be cross training to support other OEM's as needed.
• Autonomously identify cross platform and cross OEM supply chain challenges and translate them into an analytical problem, relaying results in common business language with managerial implications. Partner with Supply Chain operational teams (e.g., supply & replenishment planning, distribution & logistics) and other Verizon organizations (e.g., device marketing, merchandising) to identify supply chain inefficiencies and potential root causes.
• Design and implement creative approaches to predictive modeling problems
• Perform model assessments, validation, and enhancement activities
• Track and report success metrics for projects and their impact on key supply chain KPIs
• Partner with IT to effectively migrate analytical models from prototype to production
• Drive adoption and application of analytical model results with business partners, ensuring benefits realized
• Be a technical mentor for data scientists and analysts in the team
• Supply research/analysis information to department/executive staff
• Maintain a working knowledge of modeling, data mining and visualization best practices
• Stay current with day-to-day operational business needs and join daily discussion and meetings
Master's degree in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics or a related field
Six or more years of relevant experience
3+ years of experience in developing and implementing analytical models in business
• Strong familiarity and hands-on experience with SQL and statistical software packages (e.g., R, SAS or SPSS)
• Coding skills (for personal use) in a general-purpose programming language (e.g., C/C++, Java or Python)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in engaging and influencing large teams and functional leaders
PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics or a related field
• Familiarity and experience with data visualization software like Qlikview, Tableau or Excel
• Familiarity and experience with creating analytical data sets
• Experience and competency in supply chain management
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6198014-principal-data-scientist
• Post ID: 96290079 newyork