What you’ll be doing...
The Project Analyst will be part of the Corporate Information Security Team focused on driving leadership efficiency thru streamlined project support processes. They will lead enterprise-impacting process design projects focused on reducing Verizon’s information risk landscape.
Job Duty/ Responsibility
- Collaborate with assigned CIS leaders to provide operational support and efficient implementation and performance transparency for security projects, including overseeing statements of work submissions and related invoicing review and approval processes.
- Assist in budget governance processes for the CIS project portfolio, including vendor statement of work and project portfolio oversight.
- Develop financial analyses and business cases for capital and revenue planning and tracking.
- Track and report on cost and benefit results against documented Business Cases, providing insights on efficiency and cost improvement opportunities.
- As part of the Information Security Officer team, function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on security frameworks and requirements, utilizing this knowledge to advise business units, support policy development, and conduct risk analysis.
- Provide guidance and education on specific security policies (primarily CPI-810) across assigned organizations and projects.
- Determine if security risk factors exist and help stakeholders understand the risk factors and design compensating controls that meet Corporate Information Security Standards.
- Identify initiatives with risk areas that need specialized security expertise.
- Collaborate with the core business partners and other security teams to improve controls via creative process design which meet the evolving business needs for customer experience and efficiency.
- Collaborate and build relationships with key business partners for continued security education and awareness.
- Assist in cyber events and investigations, including but not limited to, data discovery & analysis and customer notification, as needed.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree Information Systems, Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of technical related experience and business operations.
- Three or more years in an Information Security, Software Development, Technical Support, or Analytics related position.
- Proven ability to develop working knowledge of new technologies and methodologies to meet evolving environments and business needs.
- Experience driving process controls thru creative solutions.
- Experience providing operational and planning support for technical teams.
- Experience providing meaningful insights thru analytics.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Certifications: GSEC, CISA/CISM or CISSP, or willingness to obtain within 9 months
- Demonstrated understanding of cyber security risk management concepts, cybersecurity frameworks, secure coding principles, and security technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Verizon’s functions, policies, and procedures a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills or PMP certification
- Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices and industry standards with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technically complex projects to non-technical business partners Experience effectively utilizing advance analytic tools, such as SQL and Tableau
- Experience supporting cyber incident and investigations or related work types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A solid understanding of Verizon business operations and baseline knowledge of core business applications and foundational technologies across the IT network.
- Familiarity with Governance practices and processes, and solid business acumen.
- Experience preparing and providing executive level statuses and presentations using MS PowerPoint, Visio and Excel. Prior experience producing reference documentation for technical or business reference.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8007948-project-analyst
• Post ID: 136689602 newyork