You’ll create analytical models to predict customer behavior and business events. You’ll then present the results to various business partners such as marketing, finance, and our customer relationship management group.
In this role, you’ll work on (and be responsible for the delivery of) multiple medium to large-size projects that have direct impact on the business’s bottom line. You will develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and make decisions that impact projects & staff members.
• Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science or a related field, or a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Six plus years of relevant work experience
• Strong hands-on experience with SQL and statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, R, and/or Python
Ideally, you will also have:
• In depth experience with exploratory Big Data discovery through the use of technologies such as Teradata EDW, Aster, Tableau, and Hadoop.
• Working knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing, and statistical analysis methods
• Familiarity and experience with creating analytical data sets.
• Experience in presenting detailed analysis to non-technical staff member.
• Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
• Communication & stakeholder management skills.
• Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solution to resolve complex issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6420207-senior-data-scientist
• Post ID: 97564763 newyork