What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Point Of Sales Team as a part of the non-production environment support team. This team is not only responsible for maintenance of the several applications across different release environments but also for build management and innovation in the cloud and CI/CD area.
- Design technical architecture for Devops tools implementation and integration.
- Design target-operating model.
- Lead technical sessions on evaluating existing DevOps landscape.
- Lead sessions to build consensus on gaps, solution options, target operating model, and recommendations.
- Lead sessions to assess the business impact of current limitations.
- Analyze existing standards to identify gaps and remedies.
- Evaluate gaps in related to DevOps best practices.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Detailed technical knowledge and hands-on experience of DevOps, Automation, Build Engineering and Configuration Management.
- Proficient working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and Cloud front in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Experience establishing and employing Continuous Integration practices and tools such as Jenkins or other CI tools.
- Experience with continuous deployment / continuous delivery using tools such as Git, Maven, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with automation and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience with estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Strong background in RHEL/CentOS systems administration.
- Scripting experience in languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, DataDog, Log Stash, Kibana etc.
- Experience and ability to setup automated monitoring & alerting systems.
- Hands-on experience in migrating apps to AWS cloud.
- Possess experience with UNIX/Linux Administration.
- Possess Weblogic or equivalent server administration experience.
- Experience with Single Sign On using SAML & Kerberos.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6788138-senior-devops-engineer
• Post ID: 102647108 newyork