What you’ll be doing...
The Global Technology Strategist
Will be part of the 5G Digital Ecosystem team, with a focused on Global 5G Technology Strategy. The DMTS will be an innovative technical thought leader tied to cross-functional activities with organizational partners in Technology Planning/Strategy, Network, Product, Device and more. The candidate will have deep knowledge of current Verizon standards, architecture, and initiatives and to drive innovation collaboration with Global Operators.
Successful candidate will identify, evaluate and drive new 5G technical opportunities with Global Operators through strong relationships. The candidate must demonstrate expert level knowledge of spectrum holdings in the industry tied to 4G and 5G in order to pursue and influence collaboration efforts with Global Partners. In these efforts, she/he will introduce new technologies and make recommendations to Technology Planning for consideration to deploy in our network. The candidate must be able to build strong technical cases to influence leadership on planning or strategy changes as it pertains to the Global Industry.
This position requires the individual to have extensive knowledge of RF technologies and partner with mastery level industry professionals around the world. The individual will drive and influence the new research within technical research centers to benefit the 5G business and global industry. The research will include how 5G trials and other technological advances that are happening and what technical concepts will drive value. Candidate will recommend technological advances that Verizon can leverage to enhance the efficiencies in 5G, LTE, or WiFi concepts.
The DMTS will also conduct their own technical research on 5G, LTE, WiFi, and other emerging technologies. Then partner with cross-functional teams to evaluate/recommend new ideas and determine potential business case opportunities. She/he will create and conduct technical briefings on findings for Sr Leadership within Technology, Network, and other partner organizations to influence changes.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Sciences; Doctorate Degree in technology preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple work assignments simultaneously
- 6+ years in the wireless industry focused on technology.
- Expert knowledge of RF technologies with focus on 5G.
- Demonstrated knowledge of 5G, LTE, WiFi, NFV-SD, and other leading technologies.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving abilities, and decision-making skills.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency, is proactive and flexible, strategic thinking, and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to lead technical discussions with a group of individuals in the industry with varying technical positions.
- Ability to work well both independently and in diverse teams.
- Demonstrated work to obtain patents a strong plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6786614-global-technology-strategist
• Post ID: 102647063 newyork