Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
As a Sr. Underwriter, you will be responsible for underwriting new and renewal Errors & Omissions (E&O), technology, media & cyber liability throughout the NY territory.
• Developing and and improving new and existing broker relationships.
• Demonstrating strong marketing and analytical skills.
• Managing major broker relationships within the stated territory.
• Support improving regional business mix/rap profitability by achieving regional growth targets on key divisional initiatives.
• Contribute to the achievement of Major Account Portfolio (MAP) and Regional Gross Written Premium (GWP) budget.
• Contribute to Regional GWP budget by meeting total new business goal and meeting renewal retention goals.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• 3+ years of Financial Lines industry experience, preferably E&O/Cyber
• Strong technical background and understanding of financial and insurance concepts
• Applicant should be self-motivated and results oriented
• Applicant should be a self-starter with a strong marketing presence, demonstrating experience in marketing and sales, underwriting and managing accounts
• Excellent analytical, negotiation, inter-personal and relationship management skills
• Support improving regional business mix/rap profitability by achieving regional growth targets on key divisional initiatives
• College degree preferred. Finance or Risk Management major a plus.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.