What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Telematics seeks an experienced and highly-motivated attorney to serve as Staff Counsel. The position may be located in its Atlanta, GA headquarters or in Verizon’s Basking Ridge, NJ headquarters. The attorney will provide support on major legal initiatives such as support for the Commercial Sales team, including drafting and negotiating contracts, refining standard agreements and developing best practices; as well as support for the Government Sales team. The position requires someone with an eye for detail who can adroitly manage multiple competing priorities in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Refine standard agreements and develop best processes for existing aspects of the business.
- Interface with and provide support to a team of contracts negotiators.
- Interface with Verizon’s team of international lawyers to help the business expand outside the U.S.
- Provide legal support to the Government Sales team, including assisting with responses to RFPs/RFIs.
- Proactively identify and mitigate any areas of risk.
- Advise Verizon Telematics’ leaders on legal matters impacting the business.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- JD degree and six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with a law firm and/or in-house.
- Bar membership and needed licenses.
Even better if you have:
- JD degree from a top tier law school with strong academic performance.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, MS Office, etc.).
- Significant transactional experience
- Experience with SaaS and/or in the communications or wireless technology industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience with and proficiency in government contracting and related laws and regulations is preferred.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to professionally manage time, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and process a high volume of work in a timely and accurate manner with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Proven ability to spot problems and develop and lead implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of personnel and enforce legal requirements without alienating clients.
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2356419-staff-counsel
• Post ID: 152805907 newyork