Verizon is looking for a talented, dynamic, customer-centric contracts and sales attorney to be responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating business-to-business service agreements for large and sophisticated multinational commercial accounts, and to support legal review of other complex enterprise agreements. We are looking for a stellar attorney with initiative and drive who can handle a high volume of varied and complex legal work. The attorney must be able to understand the effect of law and regulation on our business and provide strategic legal advice to enable revenue generation while creatively balancing commercial and compliance risks. Other locations that will be considered for these positions are: Chicago, IL; Alpharetta, GA; & San Francisco, CA
The attorney is expected to fulfill a variety of functions including:
- Counsel enterprise sales clients concerning legal and business matters arising from service agreements among Verizon Enterprise Solutions, its affiliates and their customers.
- Review, draft and negotiate numerous complex contracts simultaneously, including service agreements, non-standard nondisclosure agreements, complex statements of work and ancillary legal documents.
- Ensure that all transactions are legally sound and comply with all Verizon policies and practices and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Provide legal analysis and counsel for complex enterprise sales bids.
- Collaborate with colleagues in EMEA, AsiaPac, and LatAm on global agreements
- Support the Legal Department with ongoing and special initiatives, including process improvement, template development, and training initiatives.
Maintain excellent working relationships with Sales and Finance clients, Verizon legal colleagues, other internal stakeholders, and customers, and ensure that the clients’ legal needs are fully satisfied.
- JD Degree.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Legal experience.
- Active and in good standing with a state bar and, if necessary, eligible for limited In-House Counsel Licensure.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Excellent academic performance from an accredited law school.
- Five or more years of relevant and recent legal experience in a similar work environment (i.e., law firm, government, or fast paced in-house corporate legal department).
- Focus on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, developing responses to proposals, and supporting distribution, sales or procurement clients.
- Knowledge of telecommunications and technology industry is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal and external groups simultaneously to quickly achieve common goals.
- Well-honed project management and organizational skills needed to closely manage multiple transactions and complex projects and process a high volume of work in a timely and accurate manner with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to interact comfortably with personnel in various roles and levels across the organization, and enforce legal requirements without alienating clients.
- Proven ability to spot problems and develop and lead implementation of creative solutions.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to develop, lead, and implement special projects.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, MS Office, etc.), and the ability to learn and work in Verizon contracting and workflow reporting systems.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6617770-staff-counsel
• Post ID: 96108177 newyork