What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy, skills and experiences you’ve gained in your MBA program to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Supply Chain Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You will have the opportunity to work side by side with Supply Chain Program Managers to champion, develop, manage and drive key relationships that are critical to the success of our business and impact our customers. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Work in cross-functional teams.
- Gain exposure in key areas such as principles of enterprise requirements, business objective prioritization, proposal review, supplier negotiations and inventory optimization/processes.
- Understand how we deliver innovative solutions to businesses and people across the world.
- Work side by side with Supply Chain Program Managers to champion, develop, manage and drive key relationships that are critical to our success.
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Sourcing/Contract Management
- Supply Chain Analytics
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a MBA or master's degree program with a concentration in supply chain or a directly related area such as logistics, data analytics, operations or industrial engineering with an expected completion date between December 2018 and May 2019.
- Four years or more years of work experience directly related to supply chain.
Even better if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proven record of academic, professional and leadership achievement.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7665060-supply-chain-mba-intern
• Post ID: 131701532 newyork