Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG.
The Structured Credit Senior Underwriter's role is to evaluate, underwrite, quote and bind credit insurance policies that insure complex structured credit (SC) transactions for banks and other financial institutions in the Americas region.Performance Objectives:
• Develop productive relationships with financial institutions, specialist and non-specialist SC brokers, and other intermediaries to increase production and meet growth targets.
• Manage an existing portfolio of SC insurance policies in the Americas.
• Assist the SC product manager to deliver SC product solutions to clients in support of growth initiatives in the Americas.
• Analyze emerging market, OECD and domestic corporate credits, evaluate financial information, and recommend or approve appropriate credit limits and terms.
• Identify specific political and credit risks and analyze risk mitigating aspects of financial structures.
• Prepare credit memos and help manage the approval process for SC transactions.
• Attend conferences and travel to meet key regional brokers to support FI marketing and business growth objectives
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
Qualified candidates must have a strong background (7+ years) in banking, trade finance and credit insurance, and be skilled in credit analysis, client relationship management, product development and risk management.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig