Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG.
AIG has an opportunity for a Underwriting Specialist in the property division specializing in underwriting Construction Property risk. He/She is expected to work effectively in an independent manner to successfully manage his/her book along with contributing to the profitability for the property business portfolio of the region. A Senior Production Specialist must be able to illustrate sufficient technical analysis and underwriting acumen combined with marketing and sales skills to meet underwriting goals (i.e., achieve growth targets and maintain loss and expense ratios).Performance Objectives:
• Produce, underwrite, manage and service a profitable book of business.
• Utilize underwriter authority in accordance with the Global Property objectives.
• Handle a portfolio of Construction policies made up of complex risks.
• Ability to seek out and secure new and profitable business.
• Manage and develop effective producer and client relationships throughout assigned territory.
• Work alongside marketing department to effectively cross-sell the company's offerings.
• Effectively negotiate and secure policy terms that align with the company directives, especially utilizing new product and service offerings to bring value to the client.
• Develop and manage underwriting strategies for both renewals and prospects within his/her portfolio of accounts, including knowledge of the current penetration by product, cross marketing penetration by product and specific plans to increase company share.
• Proactively foster and develop positive relationships with key customers.
• Coordinate strategy and work collaboratively with other aligned business units including engineering, analytics, and marketing.
• Make internal and external presentations as necessary
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Property arena
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Some knowledge of Property forms and wordings
• Knowledge of the market, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment making quick decisions while adhering to a sound underwriting discipline
• Outcome focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
• Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on collaboration and working well with others
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook necessary
• Post ID: 95499021 newyork