Coordinator, Chief Financial & Operating Officer & Team Human Capital - Achievement First (Brooklyn,
Start Date: ASAP
Team: Human Capital & Finance
Location: Brooklyn, NY
About Achievement First:
Achievement First is a non-profit charter school management organization that is creating a network of achievement-gap-closing public schools in New York, Connecticut and other high-need areas in the Northeast. Achievement First currently operates 22 schools in Brooklyn, NY, and New Haven, Bridgeport and Hartford, CT (and will expand to Rhode Island in 2013). Over the next five years, Achievement First plans to open 10-15 additional schools, spanning the full K-12 spectrum and creating college-prep opportunities for more than 12,000 urban students. Beyond our students and schools, Achievement First is an engaged and prominent partner in the larger conversation about how to improve public education and student achievement in our country. For more information about the Achievement First mission, model, our schools and team, please visit our website at www.achievementfirst.org.
The assistant will support the work of the chief financial/operating officer and Team Human Capital. In addition to ongoing administrative, scheduling and project support for Team Finance, the assistant will support Team Human Capital project work and initiatives. The assistant will report directly to both the chief financial/operating officer and the senior director of human capital. This role is an opportunity to work closely with senior members of the Achievement First team and gain insight into non-profit management, education reform, and the work of a variety of AF's teams. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional multi-tasking abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be extraordinarily self-directed and detail-oriented.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator, CFO/COO & Team Human Capital Will Include but Are Not Limited to:
- Scheduling/Administrative Support & Office Management
- Manage the CFO/COO and senior director of human capital's calendars, ensuring their time is maximized and operates in line with AF's priorities. This includes scheduling meetings, managing meeting requests and additional requests (making travel arrangements, processing reimbursements, preparing materials for meetings)
Lead and coordinate the shared office responsibilities in one of AF's two Brooklyn offices. Own key office responsibilities, such as ordering office supplies
- Support Team Human Capital
- Provide project management support for organizational wide talent planning and compensation processes, run reports from the HR Information System, track and analyze retention and organization health data to be communicated with organizational leaders
- Coordinate several aspects of the on-boarding process for new hires, coordinate the completion of paperwork and its delivery to the correct party, support team members in their team coordination and the achievement of their annual goals, complete data requests of other team members and AF staff members
- Support Team Finance
- Assist in projects, which may include the creation of a Finance Handbook and support of AF's annual budget process
Support the CFO/COO and Team Finance members in their internal team coordinations (via team meetings, internal communications, etc.) and the achievement of their annual goals
Skills and Characteristics
- Interest in performing a critical support role while learning in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end
- Very flexible, mature, and humble
- Results-oriented individual and willing to do "whatever it takes"
- Solid technical skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher and with
Adobe Acrobat â comfort with learning new technologies, e.g. SurveyMonkey, setting up GoTo meetings
- Interest/experience with Finance, Operations, Facilities and/or Human Capital teams is encouraged, but not required.
- Belief in the Achievement First mission and educational model
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and "roll-up-my-sleeves" attitude
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university
- 0-3 years of work experience
Some weekend/evening work required and some travel between New Haven and Brooklyn will be requested.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and people from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We place particular emphasis on recruiting individuals who share the racial or socio-economic backgrounds of the students we teach, 90% of whom are Black or Latino. Learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/.
• Post ID: 36489644 newyork