The YWCA of the City of New York After School Program at MurryBergtraumHigh School is a dynamic program that works to help students develop the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, and social values to ensure success in school, career and life. Our core mission is to empower women and eliminate racism.
The YWCA of the City of New York is seeking a dynamic and creative instructor with a strong background in mathematics to head our applied digital media programs for the students of Murry Bergtraum. The Digital Media club can include: graphic design, web design, digital audio and podcasting, and much more. Bring your talents!
- Plan and implement an engaging and robust curriculum including a final project or performance for each club term
- Help provide a safe positive environment for youth by ensuring school safety protocol is met for each club meeting and students are supervised at all times
- Submit all required paperwork including participant enrollment form, attendance sheets, and monthly activity plan log in a timely manner
- Develop student leaders to act as peer tutors
- Encourage and develop leadership skills by electing student club leaders to support active student engagement in program design
- Develop and implement outreach strategy with Program Director to ensure regular student attendance in club activities.
- Encourage academic progress with regular reviews of students' schedules, test scores, and each cycle's report card and instituting an incentive program
- Assure that any areas used by our program are left clean and tidy when activities are complete.
- Document and track student progress to share with program administration and staff
- Plan and chaperone special field trips as needed.
- Attend monthly staff meetings mandatory
Experience working with high school youth preferred
Experience working in an after school setting preferred
Strong background in Applied Mathematics
Must submit an online design portfolio of work representative of the music, youth and/or pop culture genre which showcases your originality and innovation in design
Artistic aptitude, exceptional sense of design
Knowledge of pop culture, popular music and youth culture
Expert technical knowledge of Final Cut Studio and Adobe Master Collection, Quark, Dreamweaver, PHP, Flash, After Effects and both Mac and Windows PC platforms/operating systems
Strong understanding of the digital space, including TV, Film, lifestyle, pop culture, entertainment, and music websites, blogs, communities, and social networks
Individual must possess strong creative and visual storytelling skills
Must be a self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to work independently
Demonstrated verbal and written communication proficiency, including executive-level presentation skills
Outstanding collaboration skills; proven ability to work with multiple students
The YWCA of The City Of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Post ID: 36487801 newyork