What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
The Account Director will run the business within 140 Agency for the Fios brand portfolio. They will work closely with Verizon Fios brand managers and directors to understand the needs of the business and develop marketing and communications plans accordingly. Working across the digital landscape (online advertising, social, video and acquisition) the Account Director will lead a team of account managers to develop thoughtful marketing strategies, communications plans and creative. This account director will work closely with a team of strategists and the creative department in the development of ideas. They will oversee projects from onset through execution and reporting. They will manage internal clients, working side-by-side with them in understanding current business needs, anticipating future needs, and developing strategies to meet those needs. The Account Director will work with creatives to shape ideas in social to execute on those strategies, and develop work that meets creative excellence expectations. An ability to be nimble, organized and strategic is required. Passion for marketing and the creative product is necessary. Finally, the Account Director will ensure project management follow-through and accurate delivery.
- Serves as initial point of contact for all aligned-client projects and recommends and advises clients on options and capabilities utilizing marketing best practices and channel knowledge.
- Maintains the “big picture” for projects and client requirements ensuring that related deliverables are treated appropriately.
- Evaluates creative brief content for completeness and actionable content that will enable the creative team to create on-target deliverables for the client in the appropriate social platforms.
- As a thought leader in social, provides strategic counsel and develops a “trusted advisor” relationship with aligned clients.
- Using their understanding of the social landscape, partners with clients to enhance creative brief quality and identify key messages.
- For Tier 1 projects involving multiple components, assists in strategic development, may prepare cost/time estimates, monitors “big picture” progress, and tracks major milestones and actual costs against estimates.
- Partners with client to develop an Account Plan identifying Tier 1 Creative Services/Marketing projects and goals, as well as expected Tier 2 and 3 needs, across a calendar year that enables Creative Services to staff, prioritize and plan to meet those needs; reviews and updates Account Plan at set intervals across the year.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining and growing account volume as appropriate, including: generating new business (e.g., converting current external agency work to the in-house team); recommending new products and updating standard offerings; building strong client relationships; resolving conflicts; improving communication; and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Serves as the voice within the agency for the client and facilitates client interaction with the designers and writers as appropriate. Ensures that the creative team understands client requirements and perspective and that the final output aligns as appropriate.
- Understand clients’ products, audiences and business objectives and ensures they are applied to client products; collaborates with designers and writers to ensure product delivers on client promises.
- Reviews products for quality, consistency, accuracy, and advancement of the visual and verbal brand in design reviews, and ensures that consistent image/message is conveyed across the client’s products.
- Attends sales, strategy, status, project kickoff, and other client meetings. Helps client understand the importance of the brand and marketing objectives.
- Sets expectations with clients, e.g., when and what they will see next as part of the creative process, budget expectations, solution response expectations, and follow-up process and metrics expectations.
- Appropriately balances client desires, business needs, marketing standards, and brand identity
- Involves direct supervisor as appropriate and alerts him/her to potential challenges and opportunities for the Creative team.
- Works with manager and extended team to develop departmental standard operating procedures, workflows and enhanced infrastructure.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in account management either in an external or internal agency.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or business.
- Eight or more years of professional level experience; at least two of which are in account management role either in an external or internal agency.
- Experience in managing a brand’s portfolios and pitching for new business.
- Experience in broadcast communications.
- Client management experience within an advertising agency.
- Experience within the digital channel.
- Ability to write briefs, work closely with all disciplines within the agency and clients and collaborate.
- Exhibits broad understanding of traditional and emerging channels.
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing best practices in the B2C and B2B fields.
- Exhibits ability to gain deep knowledge in specific channels or vertical markets as required by specific Client’s business unit and larger organization’s industry.
- Ability to partner with clients to write thorough and actionable creative briefs.
- States opinions clearly and can verbally update clients on project status.
- Reviews the briefs ensuring creative services team fully understand the objectives.
- Leverages research and data to support client business solution strategies.
- Is pragmatic with creative business strategies always keeping eye on the objectives of the assignment.
- Listens well and incorporates others viewpoints into project management process
- Adept at crisis management, resourceful and solution-oriented.
- Is an ambassador for the marketing department objectives and point of view on the Company’s brand and its visual and verbal brand identity.
- Executes client requests and project management with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly; spell check was run; and specs, brand, deadlines, and budget were adhered to).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8165698-fios-account-director
• Post ID: 143100337 newyork