What you’ll be doing...
Our products are the best available, but our customers receive a constant stream of offers and advertising from our competitors. Our customers expect our offers to be as good as the products. That’s where you come in. You will guide team members to design and implement optimal solutions to complex problems and meet critical business needs. You will work on projects to bring marketing offers to customers in every place they look to do business with us. Your optimization and performance skills will help other engineering teams and our vendors drive better eCommerce, Integrated Media Guide, field technician systems, door-to-door and call center architecture and solutions.
- Leading IT implementation of new marketing initiatives
- Delivering new pricing and promotions to customers where they want to do business
- Designing new ways to package Fios products for sale
- Increasing system flexibility to enable innovation and speed to market
- Partnering with business and IT experts to grow the business
- Analyzing results to find new insights
This position is a senior technical architect/lead for the E2E Marketing Architecture team. You will work in parallel with other architects on marketing related initiatives that range from acquisition, upsell, retention, network transformation, and joint offers with VzW covering both Verizon Consumer Markets (VCM) and Verizon Business Markets (VBM). You will work in a rapidly changing environment as project methodologies shift from waterfall through hybrid to agile/DEVSECOPS.
- Responsible for development of the End to End Architecture of marketing initiatives in the VCM and VBM spaces. Create Reference Architectures, High Level Designs and drive the transformation of the order to billing and provisioning processes.
- Working diligently with the business partners & product team in producing elegant IT solutions that enhance the product and overall customer experience.
- Partnering with the product development team to understand the strategy and architecture for future growth.
- Developing End-to-End IT architecture solutions (that are in strategic direction) for highly visible and critical projects of high complexity in both waterfall and agile environments.
- Partnering with business experts, project management, testing and development teams to ensure timely production of IT solutions that improve business processes and results.
- Developing and training next level of architects (new/mid-level) within the organization for their increased productivity and to make them effective independent contributors.
- Providing timely updates to CIO/Senior leadership and reviewing the project related progress and insights into architecture solutions.
What we’re looking for...
You view technology through a lens of making things better and more effective. Understanding and creating continual improvements to the value chain is something you thrive on. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same. People count on you to have strong domain experience in ordering, qualification, management, provisioning and billing applications.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree
- Ability to work well under pressure in a large and complex environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience developing and optimizing marketing architecture.
- Experience in systems design and project management.
- IT experience with involvement in all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- A strong technical mind frame with the ability to interact with people at all levels on system design, architecture.
- In depth knowledge of Verizon Ordering, Provisioning, Dispatch and Billing systems.
- Previous experience with use case definition, user story development, conducting high level and detail design sessions across all IT organizations, building consensus with IT as well as business partners for strategic systems design.
- Previous experience delivering valuable business capabilities as member of Agile team.
- Ability to Design and develop E2E solutions that are scalable and strategic.
- Readiness to drive cross functional large scale enterprise projects.
- Strong creativity and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop quick solutions to resolve design issues.
- Ability to develop detailed flow documentation for the consumption both by IT development team and senior executives.
- Ability to balance tradeoffs from the issues and challenges with various technologies immediate versus long-term business needs.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7750164-marketing-systems-architect
• Post ID: 133156532 newyork