What you’ll be doing...
The National Distribution Manages oversees Point of Sale (POS) initiatives for National Retail, Agent, and Integrated partners (Best Buy and Wireless Advocates) with focus on driving sales, improving the customer experience, and ensuring Verizon Wireless is positioned as the premier carrier. The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated problem-solver, be able to translate technical problems and solutions for leadership, and will show passion for the relationship between POS systems and sales productivity.
- Serve as Project Manager for any VZW or retailer-initiated system initiatives.
- Manage POS enhancements, pilots, and new launches for National Retailers, Agents, and Integrated Partners (Omni/Indirect/National Retailer/POS integrations).
- Lead project development on initiatives being developed and launched.
- Work with National Account Managers to identify, evaluate, and recommend POS enhancements consistent with account objectives.
- Supervise person(s) responsible for daily POS projects and tasks for the Indirect Channel.
- Serve as indirect liaison between IT and business teams on POS (both internal and Retailers/Agents).
- Work with Operations team to scope out and execute on all GTM changes that affect POS. Own the maintenance and resolutions of retailer POS system issues.
- Oversee testing with retailer for POS functionality (planning, UAT, production, troubleshooting, resolution).
- Identify opportunities with the POS process and drives related enhancements and improvements with National Retail partner as well as with VZW IT.
- Serve as subject Matter Expert on the POS experience (both systematically and operationally) for National Retailers and Agents and on various agile projects impacting Indirect POS Systems.
- Provide critical system issue and off hours support.
- Lead and present in numerous weekly POS and operations calls.
- Some travel required.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Sales operations experience
- Management experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Retail operations, National Retailer and/or sales experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (MS Project preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and work with a sense of urgency.
- Robust critical thinking capabilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2343214-national-distribution-manager
• Post ID: 155015032 newyork