Product Manager – Content Discovery, Distribution and Monetization - Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ)
What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for the management of a new class of consumer oriented mobile content and advertising products. The role will focus on supporting discovery and distribution solutions for a vast array of mobile content, including digital advertising, and deliver it to domestic and global mobile users. You will develop and manage the required support processes and tools for current and future discovery and distribution solutions (including monetization efforts). The content and advertising will be sourced from Verizon’s newly formed Oath organization as well as strategic 3rd party providers. You will manage internal and external support teams along with the implementation of product and product line enhancements.
Product development activities require the individual to be knowledgeable in the creation of innovative consumer mobile solutions. As a product manager, you must be able to seamlessly interface with a multitude of support organizations and will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills through work experience.
This individual is responsible for a breadth of product development/management activities including: Market, competitive and product analysis that yields actions to implement improvements in partnership with the product development lead; creation and management of product messaging with the marketing communications and PR teams; actively supports front-line product organizations (e.g. sales, care, etc.) for new product releases, product issues and trouble tickets; the creation and maintenance of required reporting or information that will be used to track progress against financial targets and be used to communicate status to executive leadership. You will enforce feedback loops for both internal support teams and 3rd -party product partners to ensure a “same-page” mentality with everyone working towards a common goal. You will also maintain a watchful and critical eye for 3rd party content, service and solutions that Verizon can leverage.
This position ensures that Verizon’s product operations, performance, development and user experience for our consumer discovery, distribution and ad tech products exceed the expectations of our customers, ad partners and business plan; while ensuring that we have measures in place to improve our products and deliver market leading experiences.
- Design and implement product management and support processes for current and new mobile publishing, distribution and monetization solutions.
- New product development from ideation to execution of ground-up concepts or 3rd party partner/vendor solutions.
- Development of comprehensive business plan and case for new products.
- Manage operational activities associated with 3rd party publishing, distribution and monetization solutions.
- Source information and reporting, conduct analysis, and summarize findings.
- Socialize actions plans from analysis with product development partners for product improvements and compile presentations that track historical and future trend data for executive readout.
- Ideate new and innovative ground-up product solutions.
- Gain executive buy-in and momentum of new product solutions.
- Analyze 3rd party content, services and solutions and provide clear feedback on the potential benefit to the program.
- Partner with and support an array of cross-functional teams responsible for the operations of our products within the portfolio.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product management/development experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing or Engineering.
- A background in the ad tech and/or content production/publishing industry. Preferably Mobile and on the publishing supply side (SSP).
- Product management/development experience in ground-up development and/or 3rd party product partnerships of mobile products.
- Innovative thinker with experience in a rapidly transforming environment.
- Understanding of mobile consumer ad technologies at the demand side (DSP).
- Self-driven and ability to demonstrate leadership among a high performing team of marketing or product specialists.
- Ability to expose entrepreneurial spirit within a corporate environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and outstanding problem solving skills.
- Superior judgment and the ability to recognize and escalate situations, or manage escalated situations.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 143101177 newyork