What you’ll be doing...
You will develop the product vision and strategy for new features and product concepts derived from customer needs, market opportunities, and technology trends. Becoming the internal voice and evangelist for your products, you will define a long-term product vision and near-term execution plan. You will own your products end to end, including developing product strategy and commercial business models, deep collaboration with our partners, as well as the development and execution of effective go-to-market strategies and marketing plans.
- Understand the competitive managed services landscape and develop a point of view on the future of the industry and what it means for your product and Verizon as a whole.
- Define a robust customer experience through appropriate documentation, and drive the product roadmap to meet the defined vision.
- Handle prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, product performance, and operational support.
- Negotiate development support to arrive at a feasible solution that will fit within the defined schedule.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams such as engineering, design, finance, network, user experience, go-to-market, and legal to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Handle multiple assignments and align them with the business priorities and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with external businesses and vendors.
- Be accountable for launch, marketing and channel plans that effectively use appropriate assets or partner relationships towards improving product success.
- Collect and analyze product results data to measure overall success and engagement, track feature adoption, identify user behavior and then feed this knowledge back into product design and requirements.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the managed services industry.
- Experience with monitoring solutions and applications spanning network, application, data center and business intelligence.
- Experience with lifecycle monitoring methodologies spanning network devices, applications, software defined data centers, public cloud and SDN/NFV
- Platform and services product management lifecycle experience.
- Marketing strategy and planning experience.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree. Ideally, your MBA.
- Product Management certification.
- Experience building a new product from scratch.
- Expertise in developing high-level product strategy.
- Deep understanding of product design/UX and human-centered design thinking.
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with the SDN/NFV Orchestration product competitive landscape.
- Entrepreneurial orientation and abilities; drives desired results in a fluid, fast-moving and competitive business environment characterized by rapid change.
- Independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and work towards solutions.
- Proven ability to see the interrelationship of projects across "the big picture" and dig into the details at a granular level.
- Experience developing, launching, and maintaining consumer products.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and translate market trends and feedback into successful product initiatives and revenue growth.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8013110-product-manager-managed-services
• Post ID: 136690592 newyork