What you’ll be doing...
The Global Product and Services team is seeking a team leader to drive the growth and innovation of the Security and Protection suite of products for the Verizon Wireless and Fios business units. This team leader will be responsible for enhancing our existing suite of products and developing new products to offer digital security and protection for our customers.
Types of services already in the market are premium technical support, digital and IoT security, equipment protection and more. We are seeking a focused leader who can work independently with their team to help bring new solutions and revenue to the business. The team is committed to driving change and introducing the next generation of services and technology for customers wherever they digital connect.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly assess the market, manage the current projects in motion and lead the team to formalize the roadmap/plans for 2018 and 2019. This manager will guide the team and lead the requirements, customer experience and develop / launch new services for the user at home and on the go.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage an existing portfolio of services currently within the organization and the planned roadmap that will help these services evolve
- Find new solutions that will drive additional revenues for the business units
- Build service requirements, define the user experience and form teams to bring new services to market
- Manage cross-functional teams to ensure a successful launch of a new product(s) or service(s)
- Work with finance to develop business models, pricing constructs, business cases and manage legal agreements required for existing and future service offerings
- Develop and manage feedback loops and processes for implementing change
Success in this role is defined by the increase of long term revenues and profits to the specific business units the team supports, successful planning and launch execution of new services Verizon will be bringing to market, and improvement to the current customer experience of the services that are offered today by the business.
What we’re looking for...
You are an effective and inspiring leader, able to engage and motivate a team to deliver outstanding performance. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment and you have the ability to balance competing demands and priorities. You quickly learn new technologies while identifying trends that will impact our business. As a forward thinker with an analytical mind, you like to take on special projects and new initiatives. You view problems as puzzles you’d like to solve. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you have an ability to communicate complex information in a way that people understand – whether verbal or written.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree
- An MBA
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Business experience, preferred technical project/product management in Telecommunications, Wireless or related industry
- Demonstrated track record in process execution, development, and deployment of products and new technologies.
- Ability to compile and analyze quantitative data
- Ability to assess primary and secondary market research and develop products or features according to customer needs
- Presented ideas to individuals or groups expressing concepts, ideas and changes clearly
- Technical leadership experience and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with multiple groups and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated track record in process execution, development, and deployment of products and new technologies
- Requirements and business case creation experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Understanding of various services offered by Verizon or other similarly situated businesses and the ability to bench market features set
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2408731-product-manager-security-and-protection
• Post ID: 156125017 newyork