What you’ll be doing...
The HQ product team is looking for someone to help develop and manage the expanding security market for Verizon customers. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share for network, endpoint, IoT and WiFi security as well as threat and malware research to shape the company’s future by designing and building best in class solutions that are robust and scalable security products for consumer and SMB customers. Make a difference and help the team driving the future security service offerings for the company.
The perfect candidate will help us monetize and develop next generation of these type services for Verizon. We need an energetic, self starter that wants to help us bring new solutions and revenue to the business. This product manager will help lead the requirements, customer experience and guide the launch of our new services for multiple business units. This role will also have input on a host of other products being looked at for the Corporate Product Team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage an existing portfolio of services currently within the organization and the planned roadmap that will help these services evolve
- Find new solutions that will drive additional revenues for the business units
- Build service requirements, define the user experience and form teams to bring new services to market
- Manage a diverse group of internal teams guiding them on a path for a successful launch of a new product or service
- Work with finance to develop business models, pricing constructs, business cases and manage legal agreements required for existing and future service offerings
- Develop and manage feedback loops and processes for implementing change
Success in this role is defined by the increase of long term revenues and profits to the specific business units the team’s supports, successful planning and launch execution of new services Verizon will be bringing to market and improvement to the current customer experience of the services that are offered today by the business.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy working in a dynamic environment and you have the ability to balance competing demands and priorities. You quickly learn new technologies while identifying trends that will impact our business. As a forward thinker with an analytical mind, you like to take on special projects and new initiatives. You view problems as puzzles you’d like to solve. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you have an ability to communicate complex information in a way that people understand – whether verbal or written.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- An MBA
- Business experience, preferred technical project/product management in Telecommunications, Wireless or related industry
- Demonstrated track record in process execution, development, and deployment of products and new technologies
- Excellent skills required to compile and analyze quantitative data
- Ability to assess primary and secondary market research and develop products or features according to customer needs
- Ability to present ideas effectively orally, written and graphically to individuals or groups expressing concepts, ideas and changes clearly
- Experience working for or supporting security products for a company
- Experience working with multiple groups and projects simultaneously
- Excel in organizational and time management skills
- Requirements and business case creation experience
- Understanding of various services offered by Verizon or other similarly situated businesses and the ability to bench market features sets
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2414869-product-manager-security-services
• Post ID: 156125182 newyork