What you’ll be doing...
The Smart Communities team at Verizon helps public-and private-sector planners increase economic development, drive engagement and promote sustainability with our suite of smart city solutions. Our portfolio of offerings includes people-first solutions to parking, traffic, and lighting. We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who’s passionate about using technology to improve life in cities and neighborhoods.
The Smart Communities Product Marketing Manager will take the lead on telling the story around our Smart Communities offerings to the world. This role will develop strategic marketing plans for individual solutions through market research, competitive analysis, customer engagement, and business planning. Responsible for external messaging & positioning across key customer segments, you are an all-around marketing expert with a solid understanding of the technology and how it benefits our customers.
The Product Marketing Manager role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, providing input and direction across Product Management, Training, Sales, External Affairs, Corporate Marketing & Communications, and Solution Architecture on the tools and strategies needed in order to successfully target the market segments. In your role as Product Marketing Manager, you will also be the expert in customer personas - how they buy and their buying criteria - and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. The Smart Communities Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development of a range of messaging and content creation including: printed and digital collateral, website, thought leadership, communications, white-papers, blogs, events, and social media content.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and own strategic marketing plans that support business strategy, collaborating with the cross-Verizon marketing and sales teams
- Shape the messaging, positioning, value propositions and differentiation for our offerings.
- Produce content to target customers at every stage of the customer journey – before and after the purchasing process.
- Provide guidance to extended marketing functions and sales leaders to raise awareness, deepen thought leadership, and drive demand generation.
- Lead on strategy, messaging, and content for customer-centric activities such as industry events, customer roundtables, and webinars.
- Collaborate with the extended marketing and sales teams to identify opportunities within the industries events.
- Develop and deliver programs to support customer segment strategies and multi-channel strategies.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about technology and cities.
- Highly motivated and comfortable with operating in a fast-moving start-up environment within an established organization.
- Detail-oriented with an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits.
- Able to simplify messaging and communicate complex information in a way people can understand.
- A team player, who can work with product and creative teams to develop meaningful and creative content.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in coordinating team members both with and without direct authority.
- A strong project manager with excellent communications skills.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Marketing experience.
- Strategy planning experience
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Five or more years of product marketing experience.
- Two or more years of strategy planning experience.
- Experience in marketing technology solutions in a B2B and Government environments.
- Experience in developing creative content.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to both direct and personally create effective marketing materials.
- Proven ability to implement, support, and track multiple programs under budget and on deadline.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization comfortably.
- Solid understanding of project management including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, recommend resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Proficiency in developing compelling business cases, including financial justifications.
- Strong customer focus; ability to develop customer specific value propositions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software packages – specifically PowerPoint
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8163935-product-marketing-manager-smart-communities
• Post ID: 143100537 newyork