What you’ll be doing...
The Smart Communities team at Verizon helps public-and private-sector planners increase economic development, drive engagement and promote sustainability with our suite of smart city solutions. Our portfolio of offerings includes people-first solutions to parking, traffic, and lighting. We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager who’s passionate about using technology to improve life in cities and neighborhoods.
The Smart Communities Product Marketing Manager – Traffic will take the lead on telling the story around our Smart Communities Traffic offerings to the world, which includes our Traffic Data Services, Intelligent Traffic Management, and Vision Zero solution. This role will develop strategic marketing plans for both our individual solutions and the package of traffic-related offers through market research, competitive analysis, customer engagement, and business planning. Responsible for external messaging & positioning across key customer segments, you are an all-around marketing expert with a solid understanding of the technology and how it benefits our customers. You’ll also be an expert in how the traffic and transportation industries function.
The Product Marketing Manager role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, providing input and direction across Product Management, Training, Sales, External Affairs, Corporate Marketing & Communications, and Solution Architecture on the tools and strategies needed in order to successfully target the market segments. In your role as Product Marketing Manager, you will also be the expert in customer personas - how they buy and their buying criteria - and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. The Smart Communities Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development of a range of messaging and content creation including: printed and digital collateral, website, thought leadership, communications, white-papers, blogs, events, and social media content.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and own strategic marketing plans that support business strategy, collaborating with the cross-Verizon marketing and sales teams
- Shape the messaging, positioning, value propositions and differentiation for our traffic and parking offerings
- Produce content to target customers at every stage of the customer journey – before and after the purchasing process
- Provide guidance to extended marketing functions and sales leaders to raise awareness, deepen thought leadership, and drive demand generation
- Lead on strategy, messaging, and content for customer-centric activities such as industry events, customer roundtables, and webinars
- Collaborate with the extended marketing and sales teams to identify opportunities within the industries events.
- Develop and deliver programs to support customer segment strategies and multi-channel strategies
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant marketing experience.
- Experience in marketing technology solutions in a B2B and Government environments.
- Knowledge of the transportation and traffic industry.
- Strategy planning experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to both direct and personally create effective marketing materials.
- Five or more years of product marketing experience.
- Two or more years of strategy planning experience.
- Experience in developing creative content.
- Proven ability to implement, support, and track multiple programs under budget and on deadline.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization comfortably.
- Solid understanding of project management including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, recommend resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Proficiency in developing compelling business cases, including financial justifications.
- Strong customer focus; ability to develop customer specific value propositions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software packages – specifically PowerPoint.
- Passionate about technology and cities.
- High motivation and comfort with operating in a fast-moving start-up environment within an established organization.
- Detail-oriented with an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits.
- Ability to simplify messaging and communicate complex information in a way people can understand.
- A team player, who can work with product and creative teams to develop meaningful and creative content.
- Self-motivation with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience coordinating team members both with and without direct authority.
- A strong project manager with excellent communications skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2414423-product-marketing-manager-smart-traffic
• Post ID: 153955822 newyork