What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you will be joining the Envrmnt AR/VR team which is on the cutting edge of building next generation experiences and growing a brand new business at Verizon to scale. We are looking for passionate and experienced Program Managers who will execute and deliver on key programs.
- Establish priorities and proactively set direction for engineering, UX, content and QA teams across various Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality projects
- Effectively communicate with PMO, clients, business, technical stakeholders and staff to set expectations and priorities
- Deliver software solutions (apps/games) across multiple platforms, effectively and seamlessly, operating in the cloud, software as a service (SaaS), as well as rapid-development customized POCs
- Foster a strong visual design sense and commitment to usability across the entire software organization - facilitate UI/UX design collaboration
- Effectively influence and drive multiple product development projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment under tight timelines
- Participate in decision making process for work process, deliverables, and expected results
- Drive implementation of best agile practices: dynamic team collaboration, informative metrics, lean development, continuous improvement.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience in software development.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- 7+ years of project management experience in software development.
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams (including UX and content) on app delivery projects from conception to release.
- Extensive real-life practice and expert understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile/Scrum/Kanban development methodologies.
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills.
- Experience managing concurrent app release on iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience managing graphics development teams.
- Experience managing teams in gaming industry.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Scrum Master Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8017480-project-manager
• Post ID: 136689837 newyork