Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 12:07 AM
POUR RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (PART OR FULL-TIME)
Pour is a boutique wine shop on Manhattan’s Upper West Side. We’ve turned the wine buying experience on it’s head by focusing on creating an enjoyable, approachable, and educational (read, NOT snooty or overwhelming) environment for our customers. We have a very passionate community of wine lovers who appreciate our free everyday tastings, affordable price points, cleverly curated selection of unique, family-owned/small production wines and spirits, and awesome staff.
Pour is seeking a dynamic, customer service driven, results-oriented Sales Associate for our Upper West Side store.
The Sales Associate is responsible for generating sales and building long-term customer relationships in our store. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of proven experience in retail sales (specialty or luxury a plus) and have exceptional customer service skills and a thirst for learning about new things. Wine knowledge is important but secondary to a winning personality and the ability to work well with others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Helping customers choose wines and spirits that they will thoroughly enjoy. This top tier level of customer service involves the ability to pair wines with different foods and the skill of listening for what the customer is seeking.
• Achieve and exceed the sales and productivity goals agreed upon with the Owner.
• Go the extra mile to provide an extraordinary, high touch customer experience for everyone who walks in the door.
• Capture client information and actively develop a client base, consistently adding information to further promote shop relationships.
• Because we are a small, independent store, all staff members share stocking, receiving, and other general-retail responsibilities (i.e., cleaning, organizing the refrigerator, putting up signage, printing educational wine cards).
• Set up nightly tastings.
• Update website daily to reflect current wine offerings.
• Brainstorm and contribute to business building initiatives, such as email campaigns, and neighborhood partnership opportunities.
• Ability to manage our social media channels to reach new customers and build customer loyalty a plus.
• Open and close store.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives and opportunity to purchase wine for personal use at cost.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND A SHORT NOTE AS TO WHY YOU WOULD BE THE PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualification and Experience:
• Proven 2+ years of retail sales experience (luxury or specialty a plus)
• Available for both daytime and evening shifts, including weekends and throughout the busy winter holiday season
• An appreciation of, and passion for, wine
• Strong customer service skills
• A strong business sense, entrepreneurial mindset, and a creative desire to build customer base and overall sales
• Computer skills to operate our POS and email systems plus knowledge of Window applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• A can-do, team-oriented attitude along with a positive, friendly, and outgoing personality
• Must be able to carry cases of wine (40 lbs.) up a flight of stairs
Contact: Christine Beattie
• Location: Manhattan, New York, NY
• Post ID: 131849342 newyork