What you’ll be doing...
This key role to be filled within the Device and Product Marketing organization will provide a very unique opportunity to evolve and execute on wireless device certification and operations for Verizon. In this role, you will be working with members of network, technology and business teams internally at Verizon and device ecosystem partners externally to lead the launch of new technologies and devices for Verizon.
- Lead a high performing team of device/product development managers.
- Create and evolve device certification and lifecycle management strategy for 4G LTE devices and next generation devices with 5G capabilities.
- Drive on-time launch of new devices and best in class software updates with high quality and a measured goal of reducing customer care call in rates and device returns.
- Manage and drive multiple highly complex network features and Verizon services into devices.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technology, new devices and how people use their devices. You enjoy bringing new capabilities, products and devices to market with a great customer experience and high quality. You thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment. You are driven by your own success and equally committed to the success of the team.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience in wireless and device technologies.
Even better if you have:
- MBA or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of product development and management background.
- Outstanding problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Technical leadership with a proven ability to build relationships across organizations and ecosystem partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated track record in process execution, development, and deployment of products and new technologies.
- Professional Project Management certification or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency of LTE and device operating systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency of device development environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Project Management tools and techniques.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2440046-senior-device-operations-manager
• Post ID: 158594437 newyork