What you’ll be doing...
The Smart Communities team (SCV) at Verizon helps public-and private-sector planners increase economic development, drive engagement and promote sustainability with our suite of smart city solutions. Our portfolio of offerings includes people-first solutions to parking, traffic, and lighting. We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Sr. Manager who’s passionate about using technology to improve life in cities and neighborhoods.
The Smart Communities Product Marketing Sr. Manager will lead our Product Marketing team and tell the story around our Smart Communities offerings to the world. This role will be responsible to leading all strategic and tactical product marketing needs of the Smart Communities division, including developing and successfully executing the overall strategic product marketing plan to accelerate and enable growth, relationship and awareness objectives using a holistic mix of marketing capabilities. The Product Marketing Sr. Manager will report to the SCV Director of Marketing, Strategy and Operations and will the Business Unit’s single Point of Contact for Product Marketing. In addition to the developing a comprehensive Product Marketing plan for SCV, this role will oversee the development of growth and marketing plans for each of SCV product solutions and market segments.
The Product Marketing Sr. Manager role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, providing input and direction across Product Management, Training, Sales, External Affairs, Corporate Marketing & Communications, and Solution Architecture on the tools and strategies needed in order to successfully target the market segments. The Smart Communities Product Marketing Sr. Manager will lead the development across product categories of cohesive messaging and content creation including: printed and digital collateral, website, thought leadership, communications, white-papers, blogs, events, and social media content.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of strategic product marketing plans that support business strategy, collaborating with the cross-Verizon marketing and sales teams.
- Lead Go-To-Market Development, competitive landscape development, and ROI analysis in close partnership with SCV’s Product Team.
- Develop target and drive success around KPI’s for Product Marketing team.
- Shape the messaging, positioning, value propositions and differentiation for our offerings and the Smart Communities Business Unit.
- Leverage Verizon’s internal capabilities, building collaboration and advocacy across Business Units, Account Teams and Support Functions.
- Produce content to target customers at every stage of the customer journey – before and after the purchasing process.
- Provide guidance to extended marketing functions and sales leaders to raise awareness, deepen thought leadership, and drive demand generation.
- Lead on strategy, messaging, and content for customer-centric activities such as industry events, customer roundtables, and webinars.
- Develop and deliver programs to support customer segment strategies and multi-channel strategies.
Who You Are
- Responsible for external messaging & positioning across key customer segments, you are an all-around marketing expert with a solid understanding of the technology and how it benefits our customers.
- Passionate about technology and cities.
- Highly motivated and comfortable with operating in a fast-moving start-up environment within an established organization.
- Able to develop and maintain credibility and present to C-level and executive audience based upon broad knowledge of marketing and business strategic principles, insights and analysis.
- Detail-oriented with an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits.
- Able to simplify messaging and communicate complex information in a way people can understand.
- A team player, who can work with product and creative teams to develop meaningful and creative content.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in coordinating team members both with and without direct authority.
- A strong project manager with excellent communications skills.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Marketing experience.
- Experience with Strategic Marketing, Account Based Marketing, Go to Market strategy and solution management in a B2B or Government client environment.
- Five or more years of relevant Smart Cities, Telecom, or Technology domain experience.
- Three or more years of experience in team management.
- Strategy planning experience.
Even better if you have:
- Ten or more years of product marketing experience.
- Five or more years of strategy planning experience.
- Five of more years of team management experience.
- Proven ability to implement, support, and track multiple programs under budget and on deadline.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization comfortably.
- Strong customer focus; ability to develop customer-specific value propositions.
- Ability to both direct and personally create effective marketing materials.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Deep expertise in marketing to government-based clientele.
- Experience in developing creative content.
- Solid understanding of project management including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, recommend resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Proficient in developing compelling business cases, including financial justifications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software packages – specifically PowerPoint.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8163940-senior-product-marketing-manager-smart-communities
• Post ID: 143101122 newyork