What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be crafting solutions to help the biggest names in business work quicker and smarter. In collaboration with senior IT and business executives, you’ll identify and develop end to end enterprise solutions to enable our customers to realize their goals. Supporting the capture of new business opportunities, architecting solutions, coordinating internal resources, and acting as a trusted business partner will be your charter. You’ll enable our customers to see what’s possible to make their businesses run better, faster, and smarter. Because here, better matters.
- Understanding customer business challenges, goals, and environment.
- Designing the right package of solutions and services to meet the customer need.
- Writing proposals and supporting the contracting process—ensuring that all technical needs along with legal and compliance needs are all satisfied.
- Incorporating internal and third party suppliers as appropriate to meet the customer need.
- Ensuring the feasibility of the proposed solution with the delivery and product teams.
- Building and communicating the value proposition with client executives and key stakeholders.
You may know Verizon only as the company making your smartphone work. But at Verizon Enterprise we're also the company helping 99% of the Fortune 1000 work. In particular, we are recognized by analysts and clients as a leader in global security, voice and data networks, and Software Defined Networking (SDN) and are focused on our client’s success though delivering the connected world Simply, Securely, Reliably.
- Integral part of the sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key Client technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Own the technical relationship with clients, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, coordination of additional technical resources, and obtaining Client requirements and translates these into a (Client specific) Solution Design and/or Verizon Enterprise offer
- Leads solution definition and solution design both internal within Verizon Enterprise as well as towards the Client
- Leads prioritization of Client solution / technical requirements and champions resolution of solution / product gaps internally (also towards Product Groups)
- Work with potential Client to analyze IT infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate Verizon Enterprise solution's unique capabilities
- Articulates the Verizon Enterprise vision on technologies and solutions towards the Client; positions Verizon Enterprise as thought leader on key technological developments
- Develop individual skill set and expand product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
What we’re looking for...
You appreciate how technology can transform organizations and the ways they do business. You are up-to-date on the latest technology trends but you also bring a broader business perspective. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires you to collaborate with multiple functions and stakeholders to bring a concept to life. By flexing your style to each person and situation, you build rapport and gain trust of others. You have an ability to convey complex ideas in a straightforward manner and to inspire people to think about new possibilities.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Sold, designed, or consulted on technical enterprise business solutions.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or other technical discipline.
- Designed IT and/or managed telecommunications solutions. Ideally, from concept development through implementation.
- Proposed, sold, and/or implemented large complex enterprise-wide technology solutions to Fortune 500 companies. Ideally, “big 5” consulting experience.
- Project managed large scale complex enterprise-wide technology solutions.
- Built business cases incorporating cost analysis and ROI.
- Experience in the development and implementation of one or more of the following: data and IP services (VoIP, MPLS, VPN, Internet), managed network services (LAN, WAN, content delivery, WLAN, managed IP PBX), managed security solutions (firewall, proxy, VPN), managed mobility Solutions, data center outsourcing (cloud, application hosting, managed storage), call center technologies (ACD, IVR, customer portal, WFM), or IT applications management (SOA, web services, RTE).
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the SDN / IT infrastructure space.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- Strong competency in generating solution documentation for both internal stakeholders and clients in the form of diagrams, slides, documents, spreadsheets.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7511178-solutions-architect
• Post ID: 136688647 newyork