What you’ll be doing...
The Product Manager – Mobile Worker Access Technology is responsible for driving the commercial strategy of connectivity solutions for our Wireless mobile customers. The Product Manager will be responsible for the lifecycle management of connected products which could include MiFi’s, Jetpacks, Routers, and other access point solutions for mobile workers. The Product Manager will also be accountable for defining and communicating the roadmap and commercial models in order to influence Verizon partners and facilitate collaboration. This role includes setting and communicating product strategy, establishing routes to markets/channels, and leading all respective product management efforts. The Product Manager will articulate requirements for all segments, drive those requirements through our agile product development processes, support commercial releases in collaboration with our business units, and provide timely post-launch support. The position also includes various ancillary functions such as identifying potential partners and proper segmentation, contract negotiations, product socialization, and overall vendor management of third parties.
A qualified candidate should have experience with developing, managing, and marketing products and services for Wireless customers. (S)he will have a track record working with Business and Government Sector customers that require access technology for mobile workers. The Product Manager will have a strong Wireless product development background and demonstrated experience at launching productivity services. Detailed understanding of the Wireless industry, Wireless device technologies, and innovation will be a strong plus.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Driving new development initiatives from inception through launch - including managing the product development launch process (LBA) and all respective GTM activities.
- Working with 3rd party OEM’s and vendor partners to address issues/concerns and align on launch expectations.
- Engaging with customers, sales, business unit marketing, and other stakeholders to define the requirements, use cases, and roadmap.
- Evaluating software and/or hardware solutions that would align with our overall business strategy.
- Owning the business execution plan for assigned products and solutions, collaborating with business units such as marketing and sales for delivery of associated revenue and profitability goals.
- Identifying ongoing opportunities for operational efficiencies to ensure customer satisfaction, continued revenue growth, and increased market share.
- Communicating product vision and strategies to varied audiences, including executives and cross functional teams.
- Driving quarterly business review with third party vendors to drive business objectives
- Resolving escalated support issues (internal or external) within a high-visibility environment.
- Establishing and maintaining cross-functional relationships with internal resources including Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Network, Device Marketing, IT, Finance, Legal, Go-to-Market, et al
What we’re looking for...
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of Product Management experience.
- 7-10 years of Wireless industry experience.
- Preferred background in mobile device development and/or device product management.
- Innate interest in self-learning about the latest innovations and emerging technologies.
- Marketing or deployment experience with workforce productivity focus.
- Firm understanding of Wireless industry and Wireless device technologies.
- Project management skills to execute on roadmap objectives from inception to launch.
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently, in order to complete high priority projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving capabilities – must be able to identify and escalate potential issues as well as implement recommended solutions.
- Ability to create use cases with a focus on delivering a quality user experience.
- Polished written and oral communication skills to reach multiple levels within VZ and our partners.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated relationship-building abilities.
- MS/MBA preferred
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2421452-wireless-product-manager-mobile-worker-access-technology
• Post ID: 156124942 newyork