Youth Advisors, Full Time - Bronx - Immediate Openings - FEGS (Bronx, NY)
Youth Advisors, Full Time - Bronx - Immediate Openings
F∙E∙G∙S Health and Human Services System is a broad-based health and social service organization serving 100,000 clients annually across the greater New York area. The mission of F∙E∙G∙S's Education and Youth Services (EYS) Division is to help at-risk youth and young adults in New York City reach their potential and become self-sufficient. Each year, we help thousands of young people as they work to graduate from high school, obtain a GED, enter college and prepare for and obtain employment. We use a comprehensive approach that recognizes that, in addition to academic and employment support, these youth need significant social support and assistance as they face myriad challenges in their families, communities, at school and at work, and in the transition to adulthood.
The Division seeks a Youth Advisor to work at our 147th street Bronx Youth Center. This comprehensive service center provides young people with educational, case management, workforce development and recreational programming.
Case management services are provided by Youth Advisors who partner with young people to help them to achieve their goals. The Advisor's role is to assess students' strengths and challenges and work with participants to tailor a program that will meet their goals. Advisors work with students individually and in groups, visit students at their internship or job work sites, and partner with community agencies to ensure that participants access the full scope of required services.
- Conduct multiple assessments with participants to develop individual service plans, which outline participant's short and long-term goals, career aspirations and progress toward graduation.
- Facilitate regular workshops on a range of topics related to career development, college access and life skills development.
- Conduct on-going attendance outreach, including home visits and work site visits.
- Using the CareerFirsts web-based data system, maintain participant records detailing service needs and activities/arrangements for participant fulfillment according to data management procedures established by program management and the funding source.
- Maintain a working knowledge of intra-agency and community resources and refer program participants to appropriate agencies and support services.
- Engage students' families to support positive outcomes for the students' and assist families with identified needs.
- Conduct formal case conferences and attend meetings with relevant staff and school personnel, as appropriate.
- Effectively monitor participants in all off-site activities, including community service projects, field trips, and professional internships.
- Maintain contact with program participants during follow-up period to track progress and provide additional support services, if necessary.
- Develop and implement student enrichment activities.
- Work from a strength based and positive youth development perspective.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
- May be assigned tasks or duties reasonably related to their job responsibilities.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree required. Related field preferred.
Skills and/or Experience Required:
- Minimum of (2) years of relevant experience with at least one year prior experience with youth populations.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Knowledge of youth development principles and personal development issues related to disconnected youth.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with wide-range of stakeholders
- Sensitivity and commitment to addressing issues of diversity and inclusion.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: FEGS is an industry leader with a top-notch benefit package that includes 4 weeks paid vacation, a comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan and a vast array of other benefits.
Qualified candidates may apply on the FEGS career site by submitting a thoughtful cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements, to JOB ID# P04307 or P04250 at http://www.fegs.org/careers
• Post ID: 37369787 newyork