What you’ll be doing...
This is an End User Support position that provides technical and/or analytical support to one or more departments or work units with supervision; aids in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area. May support multiple sales / retail offices, HQ, driving may be required.
- Provides technical and/or analytical support to one or more departments or work units with supervision
- Aids in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area
- May support multiple sales / retail offices, HQ, driving may be required.
- Supports the technologies used by office workers such as Training, Marketing, Finance, HR and others. This includes and not limited to all the advertised software and approved hardware such as MS Office, Google Suite, Webex, Citrix, VPN, Universal ID, desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Supports Verizon authorized mobile based tools on smartphones and tablets
- Works with business partners to understand the technologies they use, their business operation and improve efficiency within their channels.
- Quick and thorough resolution within SLAs of Service Now Incidents (trouble tickets to address hardware/software/network connectivity problems, etc.) as well as SN Requests for hardware, software, system access, etc.
- Completion of project work by due dates such as new technology implementation, hardware refreshes, system upgrades, change control testing, store builds/remodels/relocations/closures, real estate initiatives, shift bids, etc.
- Occasional travel to supported locations within the territory to provide support sometimes using company vehicle but usually using personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement.
- Participation in 24X7 on-call rotation shifts as defined by management.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to follow directions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical certifications: A+, Network+, CCENT, CCNA, MCITP.
- Some experience in leading small project/work efforts.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft windows products, Gsuite, Hardware / software troubleshooting methodologies.
- Working knowledge of information systems concepts.
- Self-driven personality/work skills with exceptional time management skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience providing exceptional IT support to executive management.
- Capability to work on multiple competing customer needs with flexibility and professionalism.
- Micro PC knowledge which includes a deep understanding of Computer hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, etc.) and software (MS Windows operating system, MS Office, etc.).
- Ability to recognize when an issue needs escalation to other members of the team.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7942963-desktop-support-technician
• Post ID: 136690042 newyork