What you’ll be doing...
You will be directly responsible for providing guidance and leadership to all team members and peers.You will be responsible for facilitating and managing cross-team communication. You will be the operational Subject Matter Expert for multiple applications and system interfaces, Cost Assurance and Revenue Assurance practices You will provide daily coaching & mentoring to staff members and peers.You will also be responsible for performing proactive system monitoring to prevent problems from occurring.You will analyzeand proactively managing problems and making decisions that impact company applications and interfaces while acting independently.You will usetechnical knowledge while ensuring that standards and procedures are adhered to. You will ensure that systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Control procedures.You will regularly lead medium to large projects while providing guidance to staff members and peers. Perform project management activities such as planning, sizing, scheduling including implementation activities for an Operations/Production Support team.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree of six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Information systems experience.
- Flexibility in scheduling required.
- Willingness - Occasional evenings, weekends and off hours support required.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- UNIX and Shell Scripting skills.
- Oracle Database skills: SQL and PL SQL.
- Cassandra Database experience preferred.
- Experience with DevOps and Agile Methodology preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6826361-it-production-support-engineer
• Post ID: 134145207 newyork